LCVG

Top 5 Gaming Moments of 2008

EnemaEms

So, thanks to the Jaw Dropping moments thread and the Edge article that spawned it. I thought of this idea. Each year have a Top 5 Moments of.... Obviously your list can change as you play more games. At the end of the year, I'll do a Tally to see what were the overall Top 5 Moments. Your Top 5 does not have to be in any specific order if you don't want it to be. We just want 5 moments max.

We will have a couple of rules.

Rule 1 is that the game must be released in that year, I.E. 2008. I will tally the totals in February so that way everyone has time to play the Holiday releases.

Rule 2 is important. Obviously there will be Spoilers abound. DO NOT Spoiler tag the moment. The game name must be written before the moment so people not wanting to be spoiled can skip by that name. Since Game spoilers rarely bother me, I have no problem doing the tallying. :)

Rule 3 is minor. When updating your Top 5. Don't post a reply that you updated your other post. Just edit it and note a date on the edit. This way we can cut down unnecessary posts.

So lets have fun with this and see if it is successful enough to do yearly. :)

Dean's Top 5 Moments of 2008

• Metal Gear Solid 4: Crying Wolf Boss Battle on Shadow Moses

• Burnout Paradise: Capturing my 1st Takedown victim's face online
  • Metal Gear Solid 4: Finally getting to control a Metal Gear
  • Grand Theft Auto IV: Rescuing Roman from the Warehouse
  • Penny Arcade Episode 1: Throwing the fruit out to distract the Fruit Fuckers and seeing one of the funniest animations in a game ever

-Dean-

I'm hoping these will be supplanted by some of the gaming awesome coming out in the next couple months:

-Braid - feeling like a genius when the realization hit that you have to jump on the ledge in the painting

-Pandemic - the time I ended the game on the 1st turn.

-GTA IV multiplayer - the time I successfully launched my car off an overpass & landed it on the guy I was trying to kill as he drove underneath

-Penny Arcade, Ep1 - hearing the explanation for their logo

-Braid - the level with the princess, where you race to the end, then you go back

• 3 months later...

Well It's time to get the lists flowing.

Here are mine so far in no final order, until I finish the rest of my game pile

1)The opening of Dead Space when you get onto the station. Very creepy, and really sets the mood for the entire game

2)Going to the

Spire

in Fable 2,

and realizing by the time you get back home many years will have passed

3)The ROTJ Like chase scene in gears 2. Loved every minute of that

4)The last 15 seconds of Too Human which I hope we see a resolution for some day

5)The Final Boss battle in DMC4

I still have other games like Fallout, Left 4 Dead, etc to work through, so it will probably change