LCVG

Sega love

jhfagan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh that Genesis brings back lots of memories. The first memory I have is of me sitting in my room on Christmas morning playing Sonic the Hedgehog. Another is of me and a friend riding our bikes to the local movie rental place on the weekends to rent a game or two. The ritual would often consist of a trip to the arcade, renting a game afterwards, & stopping at Little Ceasars and 7-11 to get breadsticks and a slurpee. Good times. Heh I still remember me and my buddy going outside to play while we waited for our resources in Herzog Zwei to build up. :)

9/9/99 before going to work, I went to the local video game shop where I always bought my stuff and asked for a Dreamcast, one of each launch game and all the peripherals available. They only limited each customer to 1 controller each. :(

The best thing was my GF (now my wife) was with me when I bought it. :D

[ATTACH]3678[/ATTACH]

09/09/99

NEVER FORGET!:rock

I think i may play Shenmue again for the occasion. Time to bring the ole chap upstairs

Phil actually got the Dreamcast as a gift, but I probably played it the most. Some of my favorite all time games on there. Also loved that it had online play for certain games

Speaking of VGA cables, my DC was on of the first gaming systems to play in HD. :D Dreamcast -> VGA adapter -> VGA to Component Transcoder -> Toshiba 42" HDTV. I can't believe that was 8 years ago.

Playing Toy Commander with my friends was a blast as 1/4 of the screen on a 42" HDTV was huge at that time.

Speaking of VGA cables, my DC was on of the first gaming systems to play in HD. :D Dreamcast -> VGA adapter -> VGA to Component Transcoder -> Toshiba 42" HDTV. I can't believe that was 8 years ago.

That's why I want the cable as I've not actually played my Dreamcast since getting my plasma back in December. One day when I have the space and can build a shrine to my gaming youth I'll have to have a second, smaller, display to keep the old 16 and 32 bit consoles hooked up to. My Pioneer is not kind to the Saturn or any of the 16bit machines.

I'm trying to remember what I paid for my Japanese copy of Sonic 3 back in the day. Must have been in the ?70 region. One thing I will never forget about the those 16bit days was the cost of importing games.

My daughter is 2 years old now. I think I will take out the Dreamcast fishing rod as Sega Bass Fishing was the favourite game my wife's little cousins played.

Importing items was quite costly. I have all the clear coloured controllers for the DC and even the Twin Stick for Virtua On. The only thing I regret not getting right away was the SEGA Maracas. :( All the 3rd party controllers sucked!!