LCVG

Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2 on Blu-Ray

kelley

Meh... I'm fine with the DVDs till they come out with the special edition versions of the films they've been promising for years. They're not films I watch often enough to justify the purchase without a more significant upgrade than just the picture/sound (which were already damn good on the DVDs) but maybe that's just me :)

BTW, shouldn't this be in the "Blu Ray General Discussion" thread, Mr. Admin? ;) *BAN*

Kill Bill is one of my all-time favorite movies. In fact, if you consider them one movie (which I do) and The Lord of the Rings one movie (as I do) then Kill Bill is my third favorite movie ever, right behind LotR and Fight Club.

However, I will not be upgrading either. Where is The Whole Bloody Affair, anyway?

Certainly hope the discs are up to snuff for those who will be buying them. Imay have to give them a rent from Netflix if they carry them on Blu-Ray.

Sorry, I'll probably get beat-up. But I just hated Kill Bill 1 and 2. Ironically, I hated Pulp Fiction on my first few viewings but ended up loving it. I tried the same with Kill Bill but, no-dice.

Your not the only one my friend.

Everyone here knew you two had no taste anyway, so no harm done.

You don't know how much I want to kill that thread. Makes it too hard to find specific releases.

It's not often I care to remember what he says, but I do I seem to recall Romier stating the big thread is really just for discussion of software related news/announcements and that we're all free to start dedicated threads for focused discussion on specific releases.

I enjoyed the Kill Bill movies far more than I expected at their time of release (Vol2 being my favourite) and watched them on television recently - but as time has gone on I've never really had a desire to own them. I might get The Whole Bloody Affair whenever it arrives, but it's been so long since its Cannes debut I've actually lost interest. Good to hear the Disney discs are winners though.

It's not often I care to remember what he says, but I do I seem to recall Romier stating the big thread is really just for discussion of software related news/announcements and that we're all free to start dedicated threads for focused discussion on specific releases.

That's exactly what I said and it still stands. The big thread is mainly for announcements etc. Individual releases can completely have thier own threads.

I have a weakness for vengeance stories, having worked myself on a nasty vengeance streak in my own personality. I try to enjoy vengeance in cinema and the like instead of trying to get it myself on people that screw me over.

I also like swords :D The over-the-top samurai sword slicing and dicing for vengeance just went over well with me.

It helps the wife loves them too so I know they'll actually get watched (unlike a few discs in my collection that I doubt I'll find time to sit down and watch by myself).

Mine should arrive today. :rock Honestly I don't care about the Japanese recut...the theatricals are fine with me. Not enough extra content for me to care, and who knows if we'll ever see it here on BD.