LCVG

Wife in Car Accident

Jordan_E

Get a call from the wife, saying she was in a bad accident, but she didn't want to call until I got our daughter off to school. The Acura was totalled, but she says all she got was some cuts from flying glass. Weird thing is, she decided to take the Acura instead of the Honda today; if that had happened in the Honda, things would have been a whole lot worse! Her sister is with her right now, but I don't know what to say to our daughter when I go pick her up in an hour. Hope the wife isn't too banged up, or it will freak our daughter out... let alone her husband! Things can change in a second!

She isn't home yet, but it sounds like it could have been much worse than the few scratches and bumps she received. She said the Acura got hit from almost all directions and was thrown two lanes over; thank God the Acura has some heft behind it! She is going to be sore for more than a few days. Haven't told our five year old yet, but at least her mom doesn't have facial cuts or anything severe that would freak her out. It's going to be harder telling her we don't have the only vehicle she's ever known anymore.

Thanks to y'all for all the kind words! Could have been much worse and we can only be thankful and count our blessings.

017.jpg

There are other pictures showing the front end damage too, but I can't stand looking at them. The vehicle is trashed, according to a family friend who owns a body shop. Man, that vehicle was good to us and we enjoyed quite a few ocean trips in it. Thank you, Acura, for making a solid ride!

No, that's why she received all the cuts, including one less than an inch from her eye. Actually, I get worse scratches from our dog when I play with her, but it was the bang on her head that we were really worried about; it's nice she works for 3 doctors, because they knew immediately that it wasn't serious.