LCVG

Iron Man (BR & SD-DVD) the 30th...

Anthony G

I never saw it in the theater, knowing that it'd be a must buy on BD for me.

I have an Amazon gift certificate in the mail from some credit card reward points I redeemed. Since I can't find a super deal on either Iron man or Nightmare before Christmas, I've earmarked this certificate for these BD's.

I only wish it were here now, I could snag a third BD with the B2G1 they have going now. :(

I posted something about Iron Man BD in the Blu Ray Thread. The Dolby True HD track is enabling your dynamic range compression. Make sure you turn it off on your receiver(if you bitstream) or BR player(if it's decoding True HD for you). For PS3 people, the PS3 has a DRC function, don't leave it in auto mode. Turn it OFF.

It's just above the spot where you select PCM or Bitstream in the BD audio settings. I would leave it off permanently because 1) You never know what other titles will do this and 2) switching back and forth and trying to remember to do so before playing Iron Man will be a major PITA and 3) why have it on in the first place? It's really unnecessary.

Iron man is probably going to be delayed due to an authoring problem

The forums are lit up this morning with news that the upcoming Blu-ray release of 'Iron Man' has been recalled. A few weeks back, some of those receiving review copies reported trouble playing the disc in their Blu-ray players. Apparently, there is an authoring problem with the disc, and distributors have been issued direction to send back all product.

According to those distributors, Paramount is doing everything possible to get enough replacement discs to retailers in time for its September 30th release date, but it may not be able to meet the demand. If Paramount can't get enough titles onto retail shelves, they may delay the title until October 7th.

Online retailers like Amazon are likely to ship first-come, first-serve, so make sure you have your pre-order in now if you haven't done so already.

According to The Digital Bits:

The official word on the Iron Man BD is in from Paramount. The discs that will be available on street date at your local retailers WILL be fixed and working fine, so no worries. We're also told that because the discs will be corrected by street, there will be no need for any kind of exchange program. Just so you know.