LCVG

NHL 2008-2009 Season..

PHiL

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Home opener, there was tons of stuff going on on the concourse so I guess that's why people were lingering. Crappy game, Leafs 3 Holmstom 2, they looked rusty, probably take a game or 2 to get back in sync. Still, credit where it's due, the Leafs looked pretty good, they've got zero expectations on them this year so they ought to thrive.

1st time I have been ready for Hockey season in quite some time. Old Man Wirtz finally kicking the bucket last year is the best thing that has happened for Blackhawk hockey in quite some time. Rocky Wirtz is doing his best to make hockey exciting again in Chicago. 1st time in my lifetime that home games will be televised. Rangers tonight, get ready Phil.

-Dean-

Oh my Vancouver! Glad to see a good start to the season. Shutout, Lots of scoring from 5 different players. Looks like Calgary had their chances though.

Looks like they had a nice tribute for Bourdon before the game too.

the bourdon tribute was very well done.

honestly vancouver was extremely lucky to leave the first period not down 3-0. and once they weathered that storm they turned the tide.

i quite despise that burrows and kesler though.

oh and I'm gonna boo bertuzzi all year as well, but vancouver do you really have the right to boo the guy? lol

1st time I have been ready for Hockey season in quite some time. Old Man Wirtz finally kicking the bucket last year is the best thing that has happened for Blackhawk hockey in quite some time. Rocky Wirtz is doing his best to make hockey exciting again in Chicago. 1st time in my lifetime that home games will be televised. Rangers tonight, get ready Phil.

-Dean-

seriously??

seriously??

Seriously. Bill Wirtz was an incredible cheapskate that refused to televise home games in Chicago.

From wikipedia:

Still, Wirtz had a reputation for stubbornness and frugality. He was vilified by Blackhawks fans for forbidding Blackhawks home games to be shown on TV unless they were picked up by national broadcasters, which only happened when the Blackhawks made the playoffs. As he explained it, he felt that broadcasting regular home games was unfair to season-ticket holders.

don't owners make more money by having local tv deals in place?

our local football team is always blacked out because they don't sell enough tickets. they actually need to sell more tickets than seats they open because the stadium is stupidly large.

Just out of curiosity if you live in Chicago are you able to get other NBC/CBS/ABC feeds besides your local one?