LCVG

New SW Clone Wars Animated series

jhfagan

Not sure if there's a thread for this already, but did anyone see this?

For me, the same problems with the prequels, plague this series. And that is the stupid kiddie humor. Especially the battle droids, and based on the previews for upcoming episode(s)... Jar Jar.

These two things are the single biggest loads of **** that have been cursed on us by George Lucas.

The "humor" from the battle droids in the films was bad enough, and they weren't even in the movies THAT much in hindsight. OR at least weren't having as active a speaking role as they're being given in this new show.

I just simply can't get my head past them.

I know George was trying to go for the modern young audience, as he did with the OT, but it's not saying much about either when one stoops to cheap slapstick and brainless dialogue to appease the masses, and they go for it.

Other than these things though, I'm somewhat happy with it.

As with the PT material, the action sequences are awesome!

Live or animated.

And even with the bashing I just threw out there, the episodes so far have been somewhat enjoyable.

Maybe that's just the SW fanboy coming out in me.

Just thought I'd share my thoughts.

My friends son dropped in yesterday to borrow lego Indy. He is here with his grandmother (who is friends with my mom) all the time since he was born, he has became a fan of a lot of stuff Phil and I like. Gaming, TMNT, Transformers, and of course Star Wars. Yesterday he could not stop talking about Clone Wars to me. Hell he can't stop talking about anything Prequel related. He could really care less about the older movies. He dosn't care about Vader, he talks about Dooku or Grevious. I've come to the conclusion that anything new SW related movie or show wise is going to aim towards a younger audience. Just like the original trilogy did back in the day. We all hold the originals in high standing, but you forget when the original came out they got horrid reviews from the older folks back then. They have some cheezy dialog, the ewoks, etc I'm not going to let it bother me, when I see kids love the stuff, like we did back in the day

My friends son dropped in yesterday to borrow lego Indy. He is here with his grandmother (who is friends with my mom) all the time since he was born, he has became a fan of a lot of stuff Phil and I like. Gaming, TMNT, Transformers, and of course Star Wars. Yesterday he could not stop talking about Clone Wars to me. Hell he can't stop talking about anything Prequel related. He could really care less about the older movies. He dosn't care about Vader, he talks about Dooku or Grevious. I've come to the conclusion that anything new SW related movie or show wise is going to aim towards a younger audience. Just like the original trilogy did back in the day. We all hold the originals in high standing, but you forget when the original came out they got horrid reviews from the older folks back then. They have some cheezy dialog, the ewoks, etc I'm not going to let it bother me, when I see kids love the stuff, like we did back in the day

Well, I guess I see where you're coming from.

And I can agree with that to a point.

And having a kid of my own, I can appreciate that fact.

But even as an adult, I can look at the OT with being objective, and yes, it DOES have cheesy dialogue at times , and the Ewoks were a cheap grab for younger kids, BUT I'm just kind of disappointed at the devolution of the integrity of the SW universe.

The OT, for all it's issues, was alot more mature and serious in it's nature than the PT stuff.

That's all I guess I was hoping for was a little more seriousness from SW than just the action sequences.

As an example, in ANH, when Ben goes down to Vader, and Luke screams after seeing it, you actually felt it, without having but a little scrap of history and information about Luke and Ben and Vaders' connections.

There's nowhere at all in the PT, except when Ben watches Qui-Gon fall to Maul, that you feel his rage when he jumps at Maul and they have their badass duel.

You want Ben to rip him apart. And in ROTS when Ben gives his "you were my brother. I loved you" speech to Anakin, you feel it!

But other than that, I feel no attachment to any of the characters in the PT and their situations.

It's just not there. There's no investment in them. It's all visual fluff.

Good quality visual fluff mind you, but just fluff nonetheless.

Edited by jhfagan

It's scary because at the wedding I went to this weekend, a buddy pretty much said the same thing about SNL. "The generation before us complained about our SNL, now we complain about the current one - except NOBODY likes the current one"

Makes me feel old :P