LCVG

Another New PC

Bootzy44

My current setup does not include SLI GPUs, but I want to be able to in case some of the new hotness coming out in the next year demands more juice than I'm pushing with this rig. I know the chances are slim that I will likely go ahead and double up on this, but I can't stand the idea of not being able to.

Okay so I finally got this thing built and it's pretty sweet. I am running Vista 64-bit (finally getting to taste some dx10 gaming). I have tried out Warhammer Online and Assassin's Creed so far and haven't noticed the slightest hiccup. I haven't yet installed fraps, but my initial estimates is that i'm pushing 60-70fps on both with max settings. This is with zero overclocking. My temps are staying pretty low as well which I was concerned about since the heat sink was a bitch to get on and I feared that I might have smeared the thermal grease a little too unevenly. All looks good though. Oh and did I mention how much I love the Antec 900 case. So easy to get eveything in especially with the EVGA mobo I got because the sata ports face the front of the box, in a tighter case this would have been a real challenge. I will have pics posted in the next few days as well as official fps data.

• 4 weeks later...

Went crazy with a new PC today. I was going to build one several months back, but never did. Was about to pull the trigger on a custom built www.xoticpc.com laptop, but at the last minute balked. Then this Monday they released the i7...

Antec Nine Hundred case

Antec True Power Quattro 1000W power supply

ASUS P6T Deluxe motherboard

Intel Core i7-920 Processor

G.SKILL DDR3 PC 10666 6GB (3 x 2GB) memory

EVGA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 (2)

Western Digital VelociRaptor 150GB hard drive (Windows drive)

Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB hard drive (2) (storage drives)

Sony Blu-ray Recordable/Rewritable Drive BWU-300S

Sony 22X Max Multi-Format DVD Burner with Lightscribe DRU-865S

Acer P243WAid 24" Display

Logitech G7 Wireless Mouse

Logitech Illuminated Keyboard

Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit

Also bought a new digital camera and the Canon HG20 HD camcorder for the January trip to Disney World, plus a new wireless printer and some minor odds and ends. Grand total was $4,500.00 or so. Yoiks.

Should arrive sometime next week. Will let everyone know how it does!

Well, its not really "top" of the line. Its bottom of the top of the line. :) I built it from the ground up because my son's birthday is in a couple of weeks, so he's going to inherit my current none-too-shabby system. Its good, but I wanted a new one after two years and want to try some AVCHD editing. Hopefully this thing will be able to oblige.

Oh, and I'm sure BioShock, The Sims 2, Half-Life 2 and Crysis will look okay. :) And I'm sure The Sims 3 in February will do alright, too!