LCVG

Video Game Pile of Shame

Angel P

GAMES STARTED BUT HAVEN'T FINISHED

XBOX 360

.Assassin's Creed II

.The Orange Box HL2 and Portal completed. Need to return for Episodes One and Two.

.Singularity

PLAYSTATION 3

.Metal Gear Solid 4

.Resistance: Fall Of Man

GAMES PURCHASED BUT HAVEN'T STARTED

XBOX 360

.Bayonetta

.Chronicles Of Riddick: Assault On Dark Athena

.Conan

.Condemned 2: Bloodshot

.Darksiders

.Dead Rising

.Deus Ex: Human Revolution

.Enslaved

.Fracture

.Lego Indiana Jones

.Lost: Via Domus

.Mass Effect 2

.Prince Of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

.Prototype

.Quake 4

.Tomb Raider Anniversary

Playstation 3

.Alone in the Dark: Inferno

.Ico/Shadow of the Colosuss Collection

Edited by Angel P

List is a lot shorter for me, as I've been trying to play everything I have. Some stuff I got bored with and stopped, which I don't consider a part of the pile.

Played for an hour, but plan on it doing the rest when I have the time

Lost Odyssey (got for $20)

Unopened

Blue Dragon (got for $15)

Battlefield:Bad Company

Lost the Game ($10 from ebay)

Want to finish

Bioshock (4 hours or so into it)

Ninja Gaiden 2 (about half way done)

Everything else I have has been played a good deal

Camp, I guess I should've mentioned that most of those games were purchased well after their release date and at lowered prices. For example, Crackdown I picked up earlier this year from someone here on the forum for around $20. The only ones that were picked up at time of release (full price) that I haven't gotten around to play were Kane & Lynch (bad choice), Lego Indy, Metroid Prime 3 and Super Mario Galaxy. All but Lego Indy were last year when I picked up an insane amount of games in a short period of time and played/finished most of them but those.

Everything else, upon hearing the members here talk about them, I pick up here and there.

Bioshock (4 hours or so into it)

That's a travesty you need to correct immediately.

Anyway, I've spent the majority of this year without a backlog and I've enjoyed it. I can play and complete games without worrying about getting to something else etc but there's downsides to it as well (see below). I have a few titles on the PC that I guess you can consider backlogged:

Neverwiner Nights 2 and Expansion - Time consuming game and I love it but I play it in spurts and am happy to continue doing so.

Mass Effect PC - About 10 hours into it and it's a low priority seeing that I already beat the game on the 360.

Far Cry 2 - I love it but its also an off/on game for me until I clear out some of the current stuff I'm playing.

Crysis Warhead - See above. It's a game I plan to spend time with in the new year. I got it very cheap (10 bucks) thanks to a friend on the forum so no harm no foul.

I can't speak for anyone else but I play games via my own set of priorities and I regularly juggle and switch between two games at a time. Though I've spent the year without a backlog - I WANT ONE! I've said it before but up until a month ago this year has generally sucked for good game releases. The drought over the middle of the year was the worst one I can remember in a long time. Now that the good games are flowing I can't wait to dive in and get that nice pile of titles that I yearn to tear through. My "backlog" will look like this when the year is over:

Fallout 3- Knee deep in it right now and don't plan to stop until I've seen every last bit of the game I can.

Resistance 2 - It comes out this week and I plan to switch between it and Fallout 3 until I've completed the single player game.

Gears of War 2 - Once Resistance 2 is completed, you can put this in its place. I'll complete the single player and join in some coop fun in between Fallout 3 sessionss.

Left4Dead - A dangerous game that threatens to rule my life in coop.:) I plan to temper it though so that I can play multiplayer Resistance and Gears coop some more. I want to have Fallout 3 done by the end of November.

Mirror's Edge - Everything else stops for this. I won't be playing it until a bit later than release since I'm getting it cheap from a friend. It's a short game from what I hear though (6-8 hours) so completing it shouldn't take me long at all. Then I'll hit at the time trials and other modes in between whatever else I'm playing.

Prince of Persia - My slate needs to be clean for this. Mirror's Edge and this game are my two most wanted for the year (outside of Fallout 3 and LBP). With Mirror's Edge, Resistance 2, and Gears finished by the time this hits, I should be good.

Little Big Planet - I'm playing it in small increments. Playing through a few levels and taking a break etc. I absolutely adore everything about the game so I'm in no hurry to burn through it. This is a game I'll likely be playing throughout the winter and well into next year with all of the user created content.

Fable II - I've gotten about 10 hours invested in the game but it got knocked off by Fallout 3. I will likely start all over again once I've cleared the remainder of the titles listed above and devote 100% of my attention to it. I really loved what I played of it so I don't regret buying it. Though in retrospect it might have been prudent to wait with Fallout 3 so close. Still, I've never been prudent in so far as the things I've wanted.:)

That's the remainder of my game purchases this year and I'll likely have most if not all finished before January (outside of Fable which is looking like I'll start really playing the heck out of it in January). I bought up almost every major release last year and completed 90% of them by the end of the holiday season. I've no issue doing so again.:tu:rock

Needless to say, I don't think you guys can top my list.

Angel, Angel, Angel... You're amongst friends here.

Lessee... For brevity I'm just going to lump everything I plan on playing at some point into one list because separating will take far too long. No, seriously.

PC Games

- Company of Heroes

- Sid Meier's Colonization

- Penny Arcade Adventures, Episode 2

- Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

- The Suffering

- Knights of the Old Republic 2

- Crysis

- Call of Cthulu: Dark Corners of the Earth

X-Box

- Fable Special Edition

- Jade Empire

- Ninja Gaiden Black

- Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

X-Box 360/XBLA

- Blue Dragon

- Fable 2

- Fallout 3

- Grand Theft Auto 4

- Kameo

- Lost Odyssey

- Mega Man 9

- Perfect Dark 0

- Puzzle Quest

- Roogoo

- Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise

Wii/VC

- Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

- Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition

- Secret of Mana (Technically a second playthrough but it's been forever)

- Streets of Rage

- Super Mario RPG

- Super Smash Bros. Brawl

- Trauma Center: New Blood

- World of Goo

PS2

- Ratchet & Clank

- Okami

- Metal Gear Solid 3

- Persona 3: FES

- Phantasy Star 4 (via Sega Genesis Collection)

- Shadow Hearts 2

- Shadow Hearts 3

Cube

- Baiten Kaitos

- Metal Arms: Glitch in the System

- Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes

- Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

- Pikmin 2

- Super Mario Sunshine

GBA

- Tales of Phantasia

Yeah, I could basically not buy games for a year and have no issues at this point given the stack I've built up over the years. I do a lot more trading in than I used to, to be fair, and I got a large number of those games at bargain prices too. I'm essentially a packrat. :tu

I used to be a collector, but over the last year I've become more of a purger... it feels good to get rid of shit. So now I trade in any game I'm not certain I'll play again.

I believe all I have at home that I haven't finished right now is:

Fallout 3 (currently playing)

Crackdown (I'd trade it in, but it's not worth much)

Viva Pinata (ditto)

Rock Band 2 (the goal isn't to finish this one, for me, it's for fun with others)

DS: Dementium -The Ward

DS: Touch the Dead

Wii Fit (not that you can finish it, but I can't remember when I played it last...)

I already have Gears 2, Mirror's Edge and Left 4 Dead paid for, I'll power through those & then get back to Fallout 3 for awhile. I planned out my fall games several months ago, as I knew otherwise I'd acrue a large stack and drive myself insane.

That's a travesty you need to correct immediately.

I've been telling him this since I finished the game.

I can't speak for anyone else but I play games via my own set of priorities and I regularly juggle and switch between two games at a time.

I actually tried this for awhile but differently. I was juggling a game for every console and would update it on the "Games Completed" thread but when a "new/must play" titles would release, everything else went to shit.

@Anthony, looking forward to seeing this list of yours. 250 xbox titles? Wonder what percentage hasn't been completed. :)

I definately didn't have Romier or Mark in mind when I thought about this thread but was surprised to see Mark's list.

@Romier. You're a gaming stud. I know you have a wife, child, job, life but still don't know how you do it. You have a time clock/card next to your console? ;)

So now I trade in any game I'm not certain I'll play again.

Crackdown (I'd trade it in, but it's not worth much)

Which is why I don't trade in games anymore. Even the ones I've finished. The multiplayer ones, I never know when I'm gonna pop it in for a session of GRAW or even Chaos Theory. The single player ones, not gonna get much for them so I hold onto them on the chance someone wants to borrow it. Plus, it looks good in the collection.

I know we have a separate thread on this but since everyone's adding what they'll be picking up (which makes sense since it'll only impact their "pile"), I also have Mirror's Edge, CoD: World At War, Gears 2 and Left 4 Dead all pre-ordered with intentions of picking up GHWT (guitar/disc only), Tomb Raider Underworld and Prince Of Persia at later dates.

The shame continues.

I'm trying to be good and tell myself that after I get my last pre-order (Gears 2), that is it for the rest of the year. I am going to get some $10 gift cards from amazon for the pre-orders I already received. So I guess I can squeeze one more in. Thinking the new Banjo but the positive buzz in the FarCry 2 thread is starting to break me down.

I used to be a collector, but over the last year I've become more of a purger... it feels good to get rid of shit. So now I trade in any game I'm not certain I'll play again.

Ditto!

My library consists of number of games that I consider completed but that I still go back and play, and I have a short "Pile" of yet completed games.

- Fable 2 (currently playing, nearing complete)

- Call of Duty 4 (completed once, and currently halfway through a second/final run)

- Folklore (I have about 4 hours of playtime with this, determined to get back complete this soon.)

-Ninja Gaiden Sigma (I began this game and got stuck like 15 minutes into the game. I went back a while later and restarted, only to get stuck at the same part. :bh :bh When I get back to it I'll be asking you guys for help. :))

15 minutes? It's not that hard :lol

It was a door. I was going from one building to the next across the wooden paths. The next building has a locked door and I could not figure out what the heck I needed to do to open/get around it. I'll post more precise info when I get back to it. Likely tonight now. ;)

Needless to say, I don't think you guys can top my list.

I still have 250+ original xbox titles. :o

Angel, Angel, Angel... You're amongst friends here.

Lessee... For brevity I'm just going to lump everything I plan on playing at some point into one list because separating will take far too long. No, seriously.

n00bs :lol

If there is some sort of prize for "piles" I'll more than happily put up my list. I'm pretty confident even though this year my game buying has taken a backseat to my new found ATV obsession that my list would require at least 4 separate posts :) I actually counted my 360 games last night and have 103. I believe my last count on the original Xbox games is close to 280. Now keep in mind I very rarely finish a game, so out of those 383 games at most about 15 or 20 of those were finished. I'm famous for opening a game and playing it for 30 minutes and then buying another and another and... well, you get the idea :)

Now take into account that I still have all of my games and systems going as far back as the Commodore 64 and Atari 2600 and I believe I will win this battle easily :lol

Just an example using a game from this gen...

Unreal Tournament 3- Bought it on the PS3, PC and 360 and have played a total of about 2 hours across all 3 (360 version is unopened) and I really have no desire to play it/them anytime soon.

I've debated many times about selling off a majority of my stuff, and I still might, but the amount of time it would take to account for all of them would feel too much like work.