LCVG

Child's Play Charity Event- Last Chance to Donate

JoeyN

We have decided to hold a Call of Duty World at War night. $20 a person which will go towards our fund to buy a few Nintendo DS systems, and games for Monteflore Children's Hospital in Bronx, NY. You don't have to participate in the game night to donate. All donations to the fund are welcome. I'll post more payment info soon, but we will probably collect through my paypal account this time so we can get the money before the holidays, and order the items. The purchase will be made through the hospitals Child Play Amazon Wishlist. Anyone who donates I will forward a copy of the purchase receipt, in case anyone wants proof of it. If you want to just buy a game from the wish list to send it to them straight, that would be great to. Post here if you do, as I will be putting the names of everyone who donated money/games as a note with the order. Next year we plan on having many events throughout the year to have a bigger fund next holiday, as well as joining a few other gamer based charity events for children. Thanks for your time

Edited by CaptDS9E

• 4 weeks later...

So it's December, and I am ready to get this going. I see that you guys have COD:WAW, and I know many others do also. How about we pick a night, and get a match together. $20 a person towards Child's play charity. Maybe once the new year starts we can get something bigger going for next time, where we do events many times the entire year, to have a pool to get stuff through amazon directly towards a Child's Hospital from their list.

Ok we have Dave, Angel, Jorge, 3 of their friends (maybe), Phil and Myself. The room can fit 16, so we have 8 more spots for the room. With 8 we can donate a Nintendo DS and a game or two. With more we can get some more games or another DS. Join in folks it's a good cause.

Sounds good josh. I want people to know they don't have to play that night to donate if they don't have the game. All donations towards the fund are welcome (I'll post more info in the coming week). Angel and I talked last night, and we are going to pool the money (if we get enough) towards buying a few DS's and games for Monteflore Children's hospital in the Bronx through their Child's Play Amazon Wish list.

For those who plan to participate in the game night. We may have a game, and a few BR movies to randomly raffle off as well

Tomorrow night is the night Folks Don't forget!!!!

On another good story for the Holidays and Kids... My store today Had kids from near by schools.. Come in for a 250 dollar(each) shopping spree..They got to shop with Hall Of Fame New York Islander Mike Bossie.. They loved Every minute of it... Heres the Article from the Islanders web site and Pictures... http://islanders.nhl.com/team/app?articleid=398387&page=NewsPage&service=page

I Just wanted to Thank All of you guys who participated in tonight's Charity event... Hopefully this is just the beginning of many to come..

Whether its a small donation or a big one... Every little bit helps..

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES

:lcvg