LCVG

Happy turkey day 2008!!!

PHiL

Hope everyone has a happy and healthy thanksgiving..

I will be eating dinner at home with my parents.. Then heading to jersey with G/f's parents...

I should be stuffed for at least 2 days...

Note to ALL... March of the Wooden Soldiers is on at Noon eastern I believe :)

Did you just jump out of a Delorean or does your pinky automatically gravitate towards the 9 key?

He needs to stop posting when he just got home from work, and get some sleep first :D

Happy Turkey day to all. I'm off to work till 3, then some food and football :ohyeah

Enjoy the turkey, and if you're carving, look up that video that the NYT posted last year on how a butcher carves a turkey. Basically, you cut into primals off the table, and just lay everything out on a platter. I've tried it a couple of times, and not only do you get more meat off the bird, but cutting the breast meat across the grain means that it doesn't fall apart as easily.

Happy Turkey Day!!!

BTW, this is five years in the making: after much wrangling with my parents over all this time, I'm finally getting to fry a turkey.

NICE. It's delicious. I've never been lucky enough to do it myself, but I have been lucky enough to eat it.

Happy Thanksgiving to the rest of the merry band of weirdo's, unfortunately things have taken a bit of a curve here. After weeks of prepping for having the family over for the big meal (we repainted the living room and bedrooms and refinished the hardwood floors throughout) my mother woke up pretty ill, unsure of exactly what she's got and if she passed any of it onto the food she prepped the night before we decided to cancel the whole deal. I'm sure the rest of the family isn't happy about having to move the festivities to a cousins house and hunt down an entire Thanksgiving dinner the morning of but better safe than sorry I guess. As for me, I'm cooking that bird anyway, if I get sick or anything I'll deal with it, besides, no little cousins pawing over all my games sounds pretty good .

Happy Thanksgiving to the rest of the merry band of weirdo's, unfortunately things have taken a bit of a curve here. After weeks of prepping for having the family over for the big meal (we repainted the living room and bedrooms and refinished the hardwood floors throughout) my mother woke up pretty ill, unsure of exactly what she's got and if she passed any of it onto the food she prepped the night before we decided to cancel the whole deal. I'm sure the rest of the family isn't happy about having to move the festivities to a cousins house and hunt down an entire Thanksgiving dinner the morning of but better safe than sorry I guess. As for me, I'm cooking that bird anyway, if I get sick or anything I'll deal with it, besides, no little cousins pawing over all my games sounds pretty good .

Hope your mom is feeling better soon bug!!

As for the food. Nuke or cook the stuff that still needs to be cooked. The cooking process should remove any bug that your mom gave it. Ask what she eat yesterday well she was cooking....maybe she eat something that might have given her food poisoning. I've had it 2 times in my life and god does it suck!!

Food Poisioning seems a likely suspect, she went out to eat yesterday at some resturant with my father although he seems fine.

I've gone to resturants with my sister before and we've had the same meals. I got food poisoning...she didn't. But I have a weak immune system thanks to my weak heart. If it is food poisoning, she should get better in about 48 hours. Best of luck buddy!

I went down to my girlfriends parents house.

It was a great gathering.

I even got the honer of carving the bird WOW!!!

it was so nice going to a SO parents house were they actually like me.

I never had that the whole time I was dating my ex wife or while I was married.

And this was the first time I spend a holiday with a SO that we didn't fight or anything and generally had a great time. come to think of it we haven't really ever fought or argued about anything. My ex wife and I always fought about the stupidest little thing.

All said awesome time and I can't wait to spend the xmas holidays with her and our families.