LCVG

Uncharted 2:Among Thieves

JoeyN

It is Game Informers cover story next month. Also a small trailer is on their site.

We’ve got Uncharted 2: Among Thieves featuring 10 pages of world-exclusive details. Nathan Drake returns with a whole new adventure which revolves around the 13th century explorer Marco Polo and his voyages. The new PlayStation 3 title will add a free climbing mechanic and stealth gameplay. Players can also expect all-new locations, characters and a focus on the game’s story.

Can't get here soon enough

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My own personal wishlist...

-Get rid of the Jet Ski segments all together or tweak any vehicle segments in this game so they are not so horribly "stop and go" dull.

-Another level similiar to the jeep rail shooter segment to break up the general platforming/combat is always a good thing. I don't think the game needs a rail shooter level every five minutes, but more than one segment would do nicely.

-Gunplay could certainly use tightening up as well as the enemy damage model as Camp and Joey mentioned.

-Expand the melee side of combat and make it an integral part of the gameplay alongside the gunplay. It was under utilized in the first game I think folks would take to the games combination of platforming/combat more if the enemy encounter portion of the game wasn't quite so gun focused.

Outside of that, I didn't have an issue with the percentage of gunplay/platforming. I think the first game had phenominal pacing when all was said and done. I just hope the quality of writing and characters remains very high for the sequel. It was my favorite part of Uncharted.

• 2 weeks later...

Information is starting to leak out from the GI article. Along with a scan..

- New female lead named Chloe Frazer. GI asked about Elena and Sully's return but they had no comment.

- The story is about looking for the ships that Marco Polo "lost" while returning home to Italy.

- Melee combat is more dynamic now (whatever that means)

- They mentioned they were using only 30% of the PS3's power with Drake's Fortune and are planning to use nearly 100% with Among Thieves.

- A demo was shown to GI with Drake going through a city (I believe in Nepal), and he's stealthily taking out guards and escaping the city.

- Nolan North returns to reprise his role as Drake and Chloe Frazer is played by Claudia Black (Stargate SG-1, Fargate).

- The Sixaxis mechanics were ditched for such things as throwing grenades etc..

- One of the weapons revealed is a rocket launcher that Chloe uses (might only be for the cinematic).

- There are no load screens.

- Once again, the score is being composed by Greg Edmonson.

- Weapons can be used in any stance (running, behind cover, hanging, climbing a wall, etc.).

- You can now move while aiming behind cover.

[ATTACH]3744[/ATTACH]

- The Sixaxis mechanics were ditched for such things as throwing grenades etc..

Good.

- They mentioned they were using only 30% of the PS3's power with Drake's Fortune and are planning to use nearly 100% with Among Thieves.

And I'm sure Uncharted 3 will use 160% of the PS3's power or some other ridiculous claim.