LCVG

What to buy what to buy for Christmas

DaveC

I thought I'd start this thread to see if there are other people having the same issues as me when it comes to buying Christmas gifts this year for the family. I cannot for the life of me think of anything to purchase for my mom and sister..See the problem is that they already have everything they need and aren't very forthcoming with items they may want.

I guess it makes it a little tougher when I live on the other side of the country so I don't spend enough time around them anymore to pick up on the little hints like ohh that's nice or I'd love to have one of those..or even better I could use that.

Let me tell you it's a tough one this year. On a side note that I know everyone here will appreciate I'm buying my dad a PS3. It's going to be his first console ever and he's 63. I guess you're never too old to get into gaming.

For your mom, if she's into reading, you might want to consider an e-book reader like Amazon's Kindle ($359). Unfortunately, due to high demand, Amazon is saying that if you order now, it will not be available until early next year. Sony also has an e-book reader but it doesn't have built-in wireless access for downloading e-books directly with the reader (no PC needed). I think there was also an old thread on here about e-book readers that you could probably dig up.

So I figured out what to buy my mom..I'm going to get her one of those gourmet stand stainless steel mixers. she does a lot of baking and cooking in general so I know she'll appreciate it.

As for dear old sis..still have no idea but I'm sure something will come to me..

Something about the holiday season makes it difficult to say no :)

That's what he is hoping for! Congrats though Phil.

I bought my wife a JBL SoundStation for her desk at work, the woman that sits next to her listens to country music so she wanted a way to combat that. Also I'm going to finish the hardwoods in the house, that will be a big huge surprise for her. She's only been bugging me about it for almost 2 years now.

So I figured out what to buy my mom..I'm going to get her one of those gourmet stand stainless steel mixers. she does a lot of baking and cooking in general so I know she'll appreciate it.

As for dear old sis..still have no idea but I'm sure something will come to me..

It funny you've chosen the KitchenAid mixer, we have one and when I saw one on the Food Network the other day I meant to suggest it to you. My thought actually was that your mother likely had one already and that it might be a good gift for you sister. :shrug

We have the stainless looking one, but it might be a good idea to try and determine if one of the many colored ones might work for her. They have so many choices.

Thanks for the link! I was going to purchase the black one for her. In Canada they're on sale right now for $340 at the Bay. I can order it online and have my sister pick it up for me which is pretty cool since I live on the other side of the country and trying to get one of those things on the plane would be pointless.

• 2 weeks later...