LCVG

2 iphones.... 1 computer

PHiL

We don't have multiple iPhones, but my family does have quite a few iPods we sync with my computer.

I make one "main" playlist for each iPod/iPhone, and put all the music/videos I want for that device on that list. I then have other playlists with shorter, much less artists. I then sync those playlist under the music tab when the device is connected.

I don't know if it's best way, but works fine for me. :D

Matt

We share a single iTunes account for the whole family and do sync multiple iPhones and iPods with it. In our case, we set the primary iPhone (mine) to sync and set the 2nd iPhone to manually managed. This works (pretty well) but, we still run into issues syncing Apps and calendars, etc to the 2nd iPhone. To resolve the calendars and such, we setup multiple PC's with the relevant library content so that each iPhone could act as the primary depending on which machine its plugged into and this has worked better but, obviously involves having a separate "host" for each one too.

Having said that, the separate playlists idea is probably easier and quicker to setup - not sure if you would have the same calendar and app issues with that approach.

Just create a new library. DO this by holding down the SHIFT key when clicking iTunes. Do the same thing to choose which library to use after it is created. You can then grab music out of the same iTunes folder without duplicating files. I do this with my 80GB iPod and my iPhone. Works perfectly.

-Dean-

I created a playlist in iTunes for music that I wanted on my iPhone which I dubbed the "iPhone Selection." Whenever I want to add new songs to the phone, I just add them to the playlist. I then set up the phone to sync to just the playlists I want, including iPhone Selection. It works really well, and it's a great way to keep track of what music is on the phone at any given time.