• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

So EA's God of War then...

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/45951.html

God, the tag line at the end.

*shakes head*

Anyone else just get an "ugh" feeling watching that? I really expected/wanted more considering the source material. Don't get me wrong, I can't judge the game as I haven't played a single minute of it but boy do I dislike the art and general direction they took here. It just reeks of silly 90's comic book design.:(

All the trailer makes me think is that EA will license the Bible next and have Jesus appear as an bald space marine. "JUDAS YOU FUCKED WITH THE WRONG HOMBRE!". :leaving

Edited by Romier S

When I first heard about it, I was more than a little confused why they'd be making a game based on that. Suppose it could be alright but I'm going to probably hold off on this one, or wait for more info before i commit to it. Some of it looks good, but yea some of it looks bleah. Not particularly a fan of the source material in the same way I am of GoW. I like the greek mythos a lot better - it's rich, and varied and has cool archietecture too. I'm sure EA could do something with it that'd be alright and do it well, but this doesn't really resonate with me like GoW does. Kinda like Bram Stoker's Dracula and Mary Shelley's Frankenstein don't resonate with me as well as the 1940s Universal films do for w/e reason. /shrug

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

First full gameplay trailer:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-gameplay-dantes-inferno/52342

Visuals looks nice and I like the art direction they are taking despite not being a fan of Dante's design. The voice acting is a bit over the top for my tastes but it looks suprisingly solid if a bit behind the God of War 3 footage we've seen thus far.

Edited by Romier S

Hey they made an RE4 "clone" that was exceptional in every respect, so I have a lot of hope for this. My feelings echo Romier's (Dante looks lame, but everything else looks good). If you are a designer and your main character looks like something from Image Comics circa 1994, you need a few more iterations.

And the next year looks filled with GoW type games - Darksiders, Castlevania: Lord of Shadows, Dante's Inferno, and the original's big finale. I'll get all of the good ones. Which is hopefully all 4.

Hey they made an RE4 "clone" that was exceptional in every respect, so I have a lot of hope for this. My feelings echo Romier's (Dante looks lame, but everything else looks good). If you are a designer and your main character looks like something from Image Comics circa 1994, you need a few more iterations.

Yeah, stylistically this seems to be based more on those issues of Spawn that Alan Moore wrote than on, say, Gustave Dore :)

I think it looks fun, though. I don't mind that it's ripping off God of War - there's plenty of room on the market for a good God of War ripoff.

• 2 months later...

Dante's Inferno Xbox 360 Video - Dev. Diary: Greed

DANTES-INFERNO_X360_PFTfrontboxart_160w.jpg

Hands on...

Before I could continue, the demo ended, but I was told that this segment was only close to half of the Lust level. Even still, Dante's Inferno has become a much more complex and fleshed out game than what we've previously seen, and there've been a large number of visual adjustments made as well, including additional motion blurs and graphical tweaks to every character model and environment.

The development team has also been hard at work adding dialogue to the other characters. For example, Virgil has additional dialogue from the poem that you can discover if you talk to him multiple times. While the build I saw only had half of the dialogue included and the build was an early alpha build, it's looking quite impressive and seems to be almost entirely finished, which will provide the team with a lot of time to polish the game for its launch in February 2010.