LCVG

Outrun Online Arcade (PSN/XBLA) Announced!

Romier S

OH YEAH!

FEEL THE WIND IN YOUR HAIR AS YOU POWER YOUR WAY ALONG THE HIGHWAYS IN OUTRUNTM ONLINE ARCADE

SEGA’s classic arcade racer returns, but this time it’s in stunning HiDef and available via PlayStation? Network and Xbox LIVE? Arcade for the Xbox 360? video game and entertainment system from Microsoft?. Developed by acclaimed Sheffield studio Sumo Digital, OutRun Online Arcade, will be available early 2009.

Test your time, speed and handling ability as you race through vibrant, colourful stages and rediscover the 15 glorious OutRun courses. From the steep streets of San Francisco to the beautiful beaches of California, it’s mile after mile of unrelenting acceleration, thrills and action. Feel the kick as you put your foot to the floor in one of the 10 high-performance, fully licensed Ferrari cars as you race your way across the U.S. to a killer soundtrack.

For the first time on PlayStation? Network and Xbox LIVE?, OutRun Online Arcade delivers online multiplayer racing for up to 6 players, with fast paced OutRun, Heart Attack and Time Attack modes, the draw to the open road has never been so appealing. OutRun Online Arcade on Xbox LIVE? will feature achievements and voice; and on PlayStation? Network will include trophies, voice over IP and leaderboards.

Which route will you choose on your drive for the highest possible score?

OutRun Online Arcade will be released on Xbox LIVE? Arcade and PlayStation? Network early 2009. For assets please visit http://www.sega-press.com.

Here's a low res video trailer:

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_7414_en.html

If Sega tells me that if this sells well enough they will give my the Daytona of my dreams, then I will buy it, and give points to people to buy it.

If not.... I'll try the demo and see. Was never that big a fan of Outrun unless I was sitting in a big moving car cabinet.

Still it's cool to see this type of thing being made.

Obviously I'm a big OutRun fan. Part of me thinks I need convincing as to why I should spend money on this when OutRun2 and Coast2Coast work fine under the backwards compatibility. Then I'll try the demo, notice you lot on the time-trial boards and the credit card will be hammered in about 3 seconds. I might as well be honest about it.

(edit - I took a quick look at the screens, and this basically is C2C. Which I only have on the PSP and PS2, not XBox. So I'll be buying it)

Edited by iainl