LCVG

R63 Control Settings

Sam P

I know there's already a big long R63 thread going. But this is a really specific question and it would be hard to keep track of 3 different discussions on the other one. If this is board cluttering, please let me know, mods.

Anyway, so I got R63 yesterday! :D

Only went through the training and a teeny bit of the first mission.

However, the default look sensitivity doesn't feel right.

Can everyone post their sensitivity settings? What's the best balance for speed / ease of aiming?

I know this is largely due to preference and skill level, but I'm looking for a good balance for an moderately-skilled console aimer.

So, what do you think?

Default is 3 in X direction and 3 in Y direction.

I keep my sensitivity settings to 5 for both. That feels the best for me. I might up it one more in the future though, but it's pretty good for me right now.

I tried 5 at first, then bumped it up to 7 last night but that was way too sensitive. I like 6 the most, I think it feels the most like Ghost Recon.

I haven't noticed any sort of dead spot, either.

So I tried 5.

Much, much better than 3. Much more natural. This should've been default.

I'm stuck on that house-of-the-rich-dude mission though. I get to the part where Weber and I are supposed to defend the courtyard until backup arrives but I always get wasted. I usually put Weber behind the box while I wait across from him near the entrance. I use the default weapons.

Any tips?

Originally posted by Robot Monkey@Nov 10 2003, 12:08 PM

Deploy smoke.

-j

Doh! I think I only brought tear gas with me.

Chris,

I tried that too, but the other dude can never quite seem to handle himself. Always gets wasted by those guys that duck under the ledge and fire blindly...

• 2 weeks later...

This one finally popped up on my rental queue... fun game! I really like the Splinter Cell engine, so it was sweet to see the thermal and night vision modes and other goodies from that game. The sound is phenomenal... I had it up a little more than I usually game with last night and my wife was saying that it sounds so real. I fling grenades just to hear the "whoomp" from the sub :).

As I was about to quit for the night I noticed Buck and Merlot playing and tried to hop in, but the server was full :(. I have yet to game with you folks (well, Merlot yes, from the NHL2K3 days) but I think it would be a whole lot of fun with a squad-based game like this (though, to be honest, I'm really dying to try out NHL Rivals with full human teams... I can't imagine how fun that would be). So, if you guys tear yourselves away from PGR2 enough and I can get in, keep an eye out for me. Or Crimson Skies even, that's in from the rental place too :).

I just played this for the first time last night...crikey am I glad you fellas talked me into keeping it! Sorry to turn down the invites, but I am still a complete newbie and I wanted to run some co-op with a fellow greenhorn before getting tenderized by you fine folks.

Fantastic game, and I didn't even realize I could adjust the sensitivity of the controls. I will play around with that tonight, because that was my one minor quibble with the game...turning and aiming was a touch slow for such an unforgiving game.

So, with a birthday score earlier this week of this, Gotham 2, the Two Towers extended edition, and the Family Guy Season 3 on DVD, should I just quit my job now, or what? :o

I will play around with that tonight, because that was my one minor quibble with the game...turning and aiming was a touch slow for such an unforgiving game.

There's a dead spot in the controls that you can't eliminate. That might be what is bothering you. I'm a bit irked by it, but most people don't even notice (or care).

There's a dead spot in the controls that you can't eliminate. That might be what is bothering you. I'm a bit irked by it, but most people don't even notice (or care).

Well, I noticed it after you mentioned it. But more accurately, I don't feel hindered by it... :D