LCVG

What's my next purchase (PS3)?

Atomic Dog

My gamestop card finally arrived from e-rewards. I have a list of games I'd like to get at some point, but can't decide which to get now.

Games I currently own:

Skate

Little Big Planet (playing now)

Army of Two (haven't played yet)

COD4

Uncharted (playing now)

Ratchet and Clank (Haven't played yet)

Guitar Hero World Tour

Games on my short list:

Bioshock (I started feeling nauseous when I played the demo, need to try it again before I pick this one up)

Brothers in Arms

COD5

Valkyria Chronicles

Dead Space

Lord of the Rings Conquest (Want to check out the demo on this one)

I'm thinking maybe COD, as I'd like to get online and play, but the Valkyria Chronicles was quite a bit of fun when I played it the other day. I watched a buddy play BIA and it looked pretty fun, too. Dead Space, just because folks on here seem to like it.

I know there are also some great older games that I'm missing out on. Any suggestions from that department?

Help me pick a game!

I know there are also some great older games that I'm missing out on. Any suggestions from that department?

Older games that you don't have on your list (don't know if you may have played these in the past)...

Resistance: Fall of Man - I prefer the original to the sequel personally; at least for single player.

Heavenly Sword - It's short, but it's a hell of a ride IMO.

Warhawk - Good multiplayer fun!

Bioshock (I started feeling nauseous when I played the demo, need to try it again before I pick this one up)

Sucks you had that reaction. It's pretty common with FPS games though. If you can overcome it I strongly recommend you make this one your purchase. Bioshock is far and away the best game on your list.

Dead Space is a great choice if all you are looking for is single player, COD:WAW will give you more bang for your buck with a fun MP and a good SP even if it is a WWII game.

I agree with Buck on Resistance, I loved Heavenly Sword but it was over in 6 hours.

The other option is wait a month until Killzone 2 drops, looks like it could be great.

Sucks you had that reaction. It's pretty common with FPS games though. If you can overcome it I strongly recommend you make this one your purchase. Bioshock is far and away the best game on your list.

Seconded. A must play game if there ever was one.

Resistance: Fall of Man - I prefer the original to the sequel personally; at least for single player.

Also agreeing there. The original Resistance is well worth playing.

Dead Space is, of course, a no brainer as well. However, Bioshock is definitely *the* game to get on that list. If you can't get that, I'll go ahead and say that Valkyria Chronicles should be a game a look into immediately. There is a demo available on the PSN if you want to try before you buy as the strategy RPG genre is an acquired taste but if it clicks for you - oh boy you're in for a treat.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Romier, I did really enjoy the Valkyria Chronicles demo. I hadn't even heard of the game before a few weeks ago, but it's definitely on the list now.

As for Bioshock, I had been looking forward to playing that since long before I got a PS3 even. I was pretty bummed when I started getting that feeling during the demo. The only other time I've experienced it was with Halflife 2. I'll have another go at it this weekend, see how I do.

Most likely I'll end up with all the games on the list eventually. It's just a matter of which one to start with.

So many games, so little time/money...

Bioshock would be the top game on that list.

You might want to adjust your thread title to say PS3 purchase because there will be someone suggest Gears or something along those lines.

Resistance and Resistance 2 are both quite fun. I think I like the 2nd one better.

PS3 titles I strongly recommend (NPO):

-Soul Calibur IV

-Heavenly Sword (short but yea a ride)

-Little Big Planet

-Ninja Gaiden Sigma (got the 2nd most play out of any game I own on the system besides SCIV)

Not for everyone but they are enjoyable for some folks(NPO):

-Sonic Unleashed (at least try the demo - it will show you some of the crazy stuff the ps3 can do)

-Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm (it's a 3D fighting game, with a mini open world attached, and a lot of extra features, but some may find some of the character voices to be aggrivating)

Have heard good things about:

Vaklyria Chronicles (more than just here)

And Disgaea 3 *update

Edited by OzzelsCousinFred

This past weekend I managed to get through the Bioshock demo without tossing my cookies. :D Holy crap, I almost fell outta my seat a couple times. I also messed around with the Dead Space demo, but didn't get too far into it. Might give it another shot down the line, but it just didn't grab me right away.

The plan was to get Bioshock, but they didn't have it in stock, so I ended up with Call of Duty. Despite all the negative comments I'm looking forward to getting online with it. I'll probably get my ass kicked too much to notice any glitches anyhow. :lol

I have a Best Buy gift card coming in the mail soon as well, so I think Bioshock will be at the top of the list when it comes time to spend it. Or maybe Valkyria Chronicles, or maybe Resistance, or maybe Brothers in Arms, or maybe....

The negative comments for COD have to do with all of the map glitching and the shitty spawn system. Treyarch is taking way too fucking long to patch all of theses issues.

I love the game and love every map except Seelow (that map is fun on Search and Destroy mode though). The glitchers are driving me nuts.

-Dean-