LCVG

LCVG Austin Roadhouse

Lutter

• 3 months later...

So the missus and I saw Master Pancake this weekend at the Alamo Downtown and it was really great. Master Pancake is akin to a local Mystery Science Theater 3000 but A) Live and B) Local. This month they have been showing Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Rings and it is HILARIOUS. They also do skits during the show.

We're going to see Rocky IV this coming month and I think we should do an LCVG meetup for one of the showings (maybe with dinner before/after?). They're also doing The Sixth Sense in June.

Other ideas: we go to see UT baseball quite a bit... they play during at night during the week and during the day on weekends. Tickets are quite cheap ($7 gen admission and $12 reserved seating) and parking can be found for free in faculty parking lots around the stadium (which are open on weekends/after 5:30PM without a permit). We usually get reserved seating (which is a little closer to the action) but it's a 6,000 seat stadium, so there really isn't a bad seat in the house. The stadium is centrally located downtown (on 15th/MLK on the east side of I-35), so it's pretty easy to get to.