LCVG

Two Live Headsets, Doesn't work!?

foogledricks

I have two live headsets, one account. Played Top Spin last night, and my wife could not hear/chat through her headset. Is this a restriction for guest players (i.e. if I had another account could my wife hear/chat?). Or is this a restriction on XBlive in general. I'm not willing to spend another $50 to find out. Anyone else know.

I'm not sure if getting your wife her own account would enable her controller for voice while playing together. Somehow I don't think it would, even if she logged in with her own account. You would be asking your xbox to process two separate incoming and outgoing headset sound "channels", which it may not be equipped to do.

But the alternative is to buy a splitter and another headset. I found this REVIEW of a splitter/headset combo specifically designed for playing on LIVE with a friend, and sharing the audio input/output.

Hope it helps.

Carlos.

• 3 months later...

Well, I'm glad I searched and found this thread since it answers one of my questions.

Before I get to my other question, I saw this on XBox.com:

Guest Accounts

Say you've got a mate over. You can always let him use your account to play on Xbox Live, or better yet, you can hook him up with a temporary account, and you can both play! You will have to sign in first, and then create a guest account. You can have as many as three guest accounts at a time, so invite the whole gang over. It doesn't cost anything to have a friend play as your guest; however, they will miss out on some of the cool Live features, such as Voice, Friends List, and Stats. Guest accounts last for as long as the associated user is signed in to Xbox Live.

I was checking out dslreports.com where someone was mentioning the Live games that allow you to play along with a guest. Mentioned were MechAssault, Crimson Skies, PGR2, NFL Fever, ESPN Football, Links 2004, NHL 2003 and Moto GP.

So, anyone know any others?

-Angel

Originally posted by Beer Monkey@Nov 10 2003, 12:40 AM

If you have two accounts, you can run two headsets with some games. Not Tennis, though.

I played Top Spin over at a buddies and we used two accounts, no problem. My account was saved on a memory card and I brought my headset and dongle over.

Originally posted by Robot Monkey+Feb 29 2004, 10:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Robot Monkey @ Feb 29 2004, 10:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Beer Monkey@Nov 10 2003, 12:40 AM

If you have two accounts, you can run two headsets with some games. Not Tennis, though.

I played Top Spin over at a buddies and we used two accounts, no problem. My account was saved on a memory card and I brought my headset and dongle over. [/b]

Man, I don't want to know what you're doing with your dongle... :shock:

Guest Bryan
Originally posted by adamsappel@Mar 1 2004, 01:30 AM

Don't come in handy, use a tissue instead.

Lift yourself up out of the gutter, I say boy.

I was talking to someone last night about this, during Carve, and he didn't know about it, so I thought I'd just throw this out there for ya'll:

Over at Best Buy they have a MadCatz headset(called "Headcom") for $4.99...this, along with the $5 splitter from Radio Shack can be used to allow two people to talk and listen during Live games. The girlfriend and I use this while playing Tetris Worlds online...though I can be used for any online Xbox game.

Bel