LCVG

What ever happened to this series?

SCREWNUT

This came to me after the discussion about the Resident Evil series and how certain games have evolved and how others haven't but people still love them.

Then I thought about certain games that made a few sequels or maybe even one sequel, but then never resurfaced again.

The one that come to my mind is DINO CRISIS from Capcom.

dino_crisis.jpg

256px-Dino_Crisis_2.jpg

256px-Dinocrisis3box.jpg

I played one that's for sure. Never found two around my parts and I didn't even know about three! But looks like in this case the dinosaurs are extinct for good.

Do you guys know of any other series that needs to be dug up?

Funny when I click on the link, it takes me right to the spot where they are debating how good the controls are.

Do you guys know of any other series that needs to be dug up?

Fear Effect. I probably would not like it if I were to play it today(which I could, have both 1&2 still), but I was always disappointed that Fear Effect 3 was canned.

Not sure if it needs to be dug up because it's not that old, but I'd kill for a 360 version of Republic Commando with 4 player co-op through the campaign and a terrorist hunt type mode plus some other vs. modes.

It's called Halo ODST.

I'd like to see another shot at the Tribes series. I'd also like to see Nintendo make a real video game again this decade. ;)

No? 4 player co-op where all 4 players are ODST's sounds squad-based to me.

The regular single player game is not squad based. Just like halo 3's main game is not. You don't give orders to soldiers, like in Rainbow Six/Ghost Recon/Republic Commando, brothers in arms, etc. There is a difference

Rebublican Commando!

I just got this wierd image of George Bush, Mitt Romney, Mike Huckabee and Sarah Palin all dressed up in Clone Trooper outfits breaching a set of blast doors.:eh

The regular single player game is not squad based. Just like halo 3's main game is not. You don't give orders to soldiers, like in Rainbow Six/Ghost Recon/Republic Commando, brothers in arms, etc. There is a difference

Camp's not talking about the regular single player game though Joey. Jeff noted he wanted to get an updated version of Republic Commando with 4 player coop. Camp suggested ODST's 4 player coop would offer a comparable experience. That's all.

Edited by Romier S

On the other side of the Star Wars games (Even though I'm pretty tired of Star Wars), I wouldn't mind seeing what someone could do with a new version of the X-Wing and Tie Fighter games. Those games used to be a pretty big deal on PC and the hype surrounding X-Wing VS Tie Fighter was massive... unfortunately it couldn't quite live up to it.

If you had a game with a fully fleshed out, story driven campaign for both sides like the original games, with multi-player co-op, and huge 64 player space battles, I think that could be pretty awesome with today's technology.

And I think it could work pretty well on console.

Every time I see something about those games I'm surprised it hasn't been tried.

Also I want LucasArts to hire Double Fine to make a Grim Fandango sequel, followed by a movie. That is all.... for now.

(Looks like LucasArts is gonna have their work cut out for them)

Edited by DrunkOM

I'll second and third a new generation Legacy of Kain game. I really miss the series despite the fact that Defiance closed things a bit weak on the gameplay side. Still, the narrative and the superb voice acting always kept me coming back for more.

Some others:

Rayman - I want an actual top quality Raymen platformer. No rabbids, no mini-games. I want the real deal.

Panzer Dragoon - Give me a sequel to Saga PLEASE! Orta is without question my absolutely favorite game released last generation. I would probably go into an uncontrollable mini-stroke if Sega got the Smilebit guys back together to create a true sequel to Saga. If not, just give me a followup to Orta and I'll orgasm.:D

Jet Grind/Set Radio - On another Sega note, why of why did the Sega of old have to die and take any hopes of seeing a sequel to these wonderful games released? I still listen to the Future soundtrack often and I'll even pop that sucker into the Xbox for a little fisticuffs with the police and some good old tagging.:(

Agree with most of the franchises mentioned and for me The Big One would be a new space combat flight sim game... It can be Wing Commander (less sim-ish) or Tie Fighter (more sim-ish) or X-Wing or Freelancer or Privateer or any of those. Would Love to see any of these franchises come back with a great new release. This is the genre that I personally miss the most right now. There are some games in this vein out there and some of the older titles still hold up IMO but, we are talking about resurrecting old franchises with a new title and These are what I would want :)