LCVG

British TV shows are the BEST!!!

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well what a difference 2 years makes! I feared Fleabag would founder into obscurity after it seemed to garner mediocre reviews on Prime (I think the star rating at the time was just over 3). Finally,

Yeah, I agree, while Bodyguard is still really great, it doesn't have the near constant gut-punch factor like Line of Duty.     We started Killing Eve last night, and it's off to a great sta

I'm really glad you all are caught up & loving Line of Duty, new season later this year

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/26/2017 at 2:14 PM, rustyjaw said:

So no love for Fleabag here?

Well what a difference 2 years makes! I feared Fleabag would founder into obscurity after it seemed to garner mediocre reviews on Prime (I think the star rating at the time was just over 3). Finally, the critics and awards shows have recognized the brilliance of this show and of Waller-Bridge. The Emmys for acting and writing are absolutely deserved (although I wouldn't have faulted the show if JL Dreyfus won a comedy acting Emmy again). The only short-change I think is not recognizing the supporting actors, in particular Sian Clifford who plays her sister.

• 11 months later...

Bake! 

The first few episodes of Great British Bake Off are an exercise in thinning the herd to give some room to the obvious personalities that'll dominate.. But today's had some extra drama that quickly passed, and a setup that's really going to tug on the heart strings - six/seven weeks of isolation in a hotel with the cast, crew & judges instead of the normal setup. It felt like the fake drama knob had been turned down a notch or two, and I'd love to see that continue alongside some growth between the judges & crew... They saw a lot more of each other - including bingo & karaoke sessions with Matt Lucas apparently... 

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The 80s episode of "The Years That Changed Scotland" hits home far too much. The destruction of Ravenscraig immediately followed up by DMA Design/Lemmings? Wow. This is the most down to earth/realistic modern history of Scotland I've seen in a long time. 

Yuill & Dodds.... Wow. Extremely local to me in Motherwell. And a fantastically Scottish soundtrack from that time that weren't necessarily relevant outside of Scotland.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Line of Duty night!! The Guardian (I really enjoy their TV/media coverage) has a good "questions we want answered" that's heavily spoiler filled for the last 5 seasons obviously, but nothing for the new one as far as I can tell. As much as there were elements I was dissatisfied with parts of the last season, it's still must see TV for me. 

Did anyone watch  Bloodlands, a North Ireland set thriller by one of the production crew for Line of Duty? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2021 at 6:50 AM, kelley said:

My kid has gotten into Bake Off. I’ve only been watching it casually with him but each episode I feel myself getting pulled in more and more. 

It has that effect ;) Old-ish or the brand new stuff on Netflix? Between all the celebrity specials, I'm a bit burned out from it + taking a break until the new series later this year.

On the topic of Line of Duty, I had to share this: 

EEhFKaTW4AEhxX7?format=jpg&name=small