LCVG

Red Dead Redemption (X360, PS3) - Open World sequel to Revolver

Romier S

Announced today and being developed by Rockstar San Diego..

Developed by Rockstar San Diego, as a follow up to the 2004 hit game, Red Dead Revolver, Red Dead Redemption is a Western epic, set at the turn of the 20th century when the lawless and chaotic badlands began to give way to the expanding reach of government and the spread of the Industrial Age. The story of former outlaw, John Marston, Red Dead Redemption takes players on a great adventure across the American frontier.

"The team at San Diego have massively exceeded our expectations with the sheer depth of experiences in Red Dead Redemption," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "The seamless combination of breathtaking beauty and intense action, all woven together with strong plotlines in a massive vibrant, rural environment is mind-blowing. We think this game helps to push the limits of what an open-world gaming experience can be."

Utilizing Rockstar's proprietary Rockstar Advanced Game Engine (RAGE), Red Dead Redemption features an open-world environment for players to explore, including frontier towns, rolling prairies teeming with wildlife, and perilous mountain passes - each packed with an endless flow of varied distractions.

Along the way, players will experience the heat of gunfights and battles, meet a host of unique characters, struggle against the harshness of one of the world's last remaining wildernesses, and ultimately pick their own precarious path through an epic story about the death of the Wild West and the gunslingers that inhabited it.

I like the concept but I'm wary of most any open world game anymore until I actually sit down with them and they suck me into the experience. Some do it very well (Fallout, Crackdown) while others fall totally flat (GTAIV, Bully).

Edited by Romier S

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never did play the first one but if this is as good as Rockstar is saying it will be then I'll definitely give it a spin. I love westerns so to be able to play a game the immerses me in that world would be interesting. However Romier I do agree with you that they need to do a better job then GTAIV.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As posted in the Mafia thread:

-- Mafia II and Red Dead Redemption are now scheduled for release in the first half of fiscal 2010 to allow additional development time for the titles and to maximize their full potential in terms of the quality of the player experience and market performance.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/take-two-interactive-software-inc-reports-second-quarter-fiscal-2009-financial-results

• 6 months later...