LCVG

Xbox 360 Tech Issues Part IV: Discuss Hardware/Software Problems Here

Kyle M.

**You can read the last thread HERE**

My third console has gone belly up. I'm starting to question whether it's an over-heating issue or not...

I doubt it's an overheating issue. The first time mine died was the first cut-scene in Mass Effect...the next console that MS sent me wouldn't read any discs, the following two each died while playing XBLA games. The only time my console has been on more than an hour at a time is now while watching 30 Rock via Netflix. It is on top of a counter with nothing even close to it. I'm now on my fifth console, but I still choose to play games on it than my PS3. I think it has to do with the controller (which is my favorite of all) and XBL. My PS3 has been used as a Blu-Ray player and PS3 exclusives that interest me, which so far have been Uncharted and LBP. I do plan to download Flow and Flower though.

Edited by CaptDS9E

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Well my "elite" system has finally decided to stop reading discs altogether. For the last month or so it occasionally wouldn't read discs. The last week or so I literally had to tilt the xbox while loading a disc just so it would read. Now I can't find any magic way of getting them to read. Glad I have Best Buys ext warranty.

Hey does anyone know if I can just exchange the box itself without the hard drive, cables, etc? I dont want to lose all my junk on the HD. Anyone have experience returning one at BB?

Hey does anyone know if I can just exchange the box itself without the hard drive, cables, etc? I dont want to lose all my junk on the HD. Anyone have experience returning one at BB?

I do, whatever you bring in, they open a new box and exchange. If you do not bring the hard drive they take it out of the new box.

If I can just jump in to ask what the deal is with controllers which came with the system? My A button is sticking and barely works. Will they just give me a new controller or do I need to bring the entire system in? Although getting a new system is never a bad thing with the 360.

If I can just jump in to ask what the deal is with controllers which came with the system? My A button is sticking and barely works. Will they just give me a new controller or do I need to bring the entire system in? Although getting a new system is never a bad thing with the 360.

When my system red ringed I brought the controllers in as well. I wanted the new controllers, I brought back everything except the hard drive. Plus, I ended up with a system with HDMI. They never hooked it up to see if it red ringer either.

• 1 month later...

Yea my A button does the same thing, and the battery case on mine is practically falling off whenever I try to put batteries in the dang thing

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine back. They sent me my same machine back. Wonder what they did? I was hoping to get some new hardware. :(

Also, looks like MS ponying up more money for the E74 issue:

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/04/14/3-year-xbox-360-warranty-extended-to-cover-e74-errors/

Has there ever been a console ridden with so many problems? I can't think of one. Amazing people are looking past the issues and buying them still. I'd be gun-shy if I had to choose only one console, honestly.

• 2 weeks later...