LCVG

Xbox 360 Live Arcade and Marketplace Discussion Part VIII

JoeyN

**ADMIN NOTE**

This is a continuation of the Xbox Live Marketplace discussion. The previous threads on this topic can be found here:

Xbox Live Arcade and Marketplace 360 Discussion Part I

Xbox Live Arcade and Marketplace 360 Discussion Part II

Xbox Live Arcade and Marketplace 360 Discussion Part III

Xbox Live Arcade and Marketplace 360 Discussion Part IV

Xbox Live Arcade and Marketplace 360 Discussion Part V

Xbox Live Arcade and Marketplace 360 Discussion Part VI

Xbox Live Arcade and Marketplace 360 Discussion Part VII

Telltale Announced today they will be bringing the Wallace and Grommit Game to XBLA this spring. As well as some of their other games

I haven't tried it yet, but someone on twitter said its kind of easy because of the unlimited continues

If you still lose all your powerups on death, infinite continues will make it easier but still a chore to complete. Still, no-one forces you to play the game with infinite continues, it's certainly not how play most shmups.

Has anyone tried the new R-Types game that went live today on XBLA?

I just bought them 10 minutes ago. They are excellent. The new visuals are not at all gaudy. They are very well done and understated. Anytime while playing the game you can hit the Y button to automatically revert to the old sprites (the game dissolves back to the old sprites which is a very cool effect). The music sounds as it should, the game plays great and it's good old R-Type action (i.e. still punishingly hard if you play in classic mode and don't take advantage of the unlimited lives). It was worth the 15 bucks.:tu

I just bought them 10 minutes ago. They are excellent. The new visuals are not at all gaudy. They are very well done and understated. Anytime while playing the game you can hit the Y button to automatically revert to the old sprites (the game dissolves back to the old sprites which is a very cool effect). The music sounds as it should, the game plays great and it's good old R-Type action (i.e. still punishingly hard if you play in classic mode and don't take advantage of the unlimited lives). It was worth the 15 bucks.:tu

Hey Romier, you think it's worth it if you already own the TG16 version on the Wii?

I don't understand how multiplayer works with regard to guests. When playing Bomberman I remember having to have secondary people sign in as guests rather than silver membership accounts because they couldn't play with Silver but could play as guest. Never really got the relationship between profiles and Silver and Gold accounts. Seems ridiculous that a Silver account cannot be a guest of a gold account.

What's on tap this week gents?

3 on 3 NHL? Arcade by EA for 800 points:

* Power-ups: When you see a giant skating down the ice, you'll realize this is not traditional hockey. With eight different power-ups, from speed skating to giant goalie, on-ice mayhem is the only guarantee.

* Online game modes: Play against a friend one-on-one online or with up to three players a side. With leaderboards and ranked/unranked match options, 3 on 3 NHL Arcade is an experience best shared.

* Button controls: 3 on 3 NHL Arcade features two separate control schemes, the Skill Stick featured in the past three NHL titles, and all-new button controls. With everything mapped to the face buttons, including all-new trick moves, players of all skill levels will be able to jump right into the action.

* Trick moves: The new control scheme introduces trick moves and spin moves to the world of NHL. Spin out of the way of an oncoming check before batting the puck out of the air and past a diving goalie.

* Unique presentation: Bright lights and big heads make their way to the NHL franchise. Featuring exaggerated player looks, and a miniature rink, the game boasts a unique and lighthearted tone throughout.

* Player types: 3 on 3 NHL Arcade splits 40 of the top NHL players, representing every team in the league, into three distinct player types. Fast players specialize in dangling, Strong players bring extra power to their hits, and All-around players play a solid two-way game of hockey.

* Hard checking: The all-new physics-based checking engine introduced in NHL 09 makes a return in 3 on 3 NHL Arcade with one slight difference, every hit is huge. Hit a guy just right and don't be surprised to see him fly across the length of the ice.

Does anyone know what (if any) XBL games support guest play in online? I have some siblings in another state that live near each other and we'd like to occasionally play online when they get together but don't want to have to go Gold for the one who doesn't even own an Xbox.

I think pretty much any game that supports online multiplayer from a single box supports guests.

This is not always true. Carcassone supports up to four local players, but will only support 1 player per machine over Live. Highly frustrating!

Right, I said online multiplayer from a single box. Meaning, I don't think there are any games that force you to only use gold accounts. The guest feature is not something that is in some games, but not others as far as I know.

There are many games that have mutliplayer one a single screen, but only one person when you go online.

Minesweeper Flags was also released today for 400 points.

Think you?ve seen this game before? Guess again! There are 3 game modes: Classic, Campaign and Flags. Multiplayer action for up to 4 players locally or over Xbox LIVE and non-square maps of all sizes are just a few of the new features you can explore. So, are you up to the new challenges?