LCVG
JoeyN

Xbox 360 Live Arcade and Marketplace Discussion Part VIII

Pinball FX is 400 MS Points this week. Plus they just released a new table "Earth Defense" for 240 points. A great game, with some fun add on tables

Earth Defense is a very well constructed table, very fun to play.

I'm really hopeful that Zombie Apocalypse plays as good as it looks. I agree, Smash TV style games are already in my 'sweeeet' column, so now it's just a matter of controls.

And Assault Heroes was just Geometry Wars with a scrolling background 3D isometric engine. So ultimately you're right Angel. Nice going! :tu :tu :tu

See you had trouble finishing the sentence off there buddy so thought I'd help out. You're welcome. ;)

From Nelson:

Arcade: ION Assault

Content: ION Assault

Price: 800 Microsoft Points

Availability: All Xbox LIVE regions

Dash Text: Experience Ion Assault, an action-packed arcade-style space adventure with an unprecedented particle physics engine. Fight alone or cooperatively through four different modes and more than 20 exciting levels.

Arcade: The Warriors: Street Brawl

Content: The Warriors: Street Brawl

Availability: Not available in Japan

Dash Text: - Wreck enemy gangs with your friends over Xbox LIVE - Survive arena combat in Boss Mode and challenge friends in Versus Mode - Lead The Warriors home to Coney Island for the final showdown with Luther and the Rogues - Vie for the top slot on the leaderboards - Unlock two other Warriors, each with moves of their own - Rock it old school in Arcade Mode - Unleash The Warriors now!

Arcade: Zombie Apocalypse

Content: Zombie Apocalypse

Availability: Not available in Germany, Japan and Korea

Dash Text: (Online Interactions Not Rated by the ESRB) They are coming for your brains...time to Lock and Load.

I beat Zombie Apocalypse last night with some random guys online. We need to get a group together to play coop. Set aside quite a few hours as it is long.

Can't find the trailer online yet, but check out the Toy Soliders trailer on Xbox live. It's in the TGS area of the NXE. Looks like a blast.

Just got a message on Live that the 800 pts for buying the summer of arcade games were deposited into my account

Defense Grid: The Awakening is finally coming Sept. 2nd for 800 points. I'll have to buy it again (have the PC version) just for the new challenges (4 new challenge levels and some new challenge modes). Can never have enough Defense Grid :)

I've been playing DF this week, it is every bit as excellent as you describe. Some of the later levels are seriously kicking my butt though, it gets quite tough. I'm not even doing the story challenges yet.

I'd put this equal with Pixeljunk Monsters as a favorite tower defense game. Great game.

I still haven't gotten to Defense Grid yet. I beat all 55 days of the Zombie Apocalypse campaign. I started playing "7 days of hell" with three other players. It truly is hell, wave after wave of every type of zombie there is in the game. After day 4 we had to stop, it was taking so many hours.

I really enjoyed Defense Grid on the PC. Beat it. It was only $5 on sale. Obviously it was crazy worth it.

I played Zombie Apocalypse and didn't really love it. Does it change , or is it all kill rooms with no exploration at all. Basically the difference between Geo Wars and Assault Heroes.

If you played through 7 days of ZA then you I think you have seen the whole game. I guess some new weapons and enemies show up but exploration is not what the game is about. I can see that getting a little old but right now it is fun.

I hope this Military Madness does the series justice, but from the videos I've seen I'm afraid. Yay for demos and 800 pts, though.

I like Military Madness :) Mostly because it's Military Madness. I'm not big on the look, or the battle animations (I find it all silly and generic). I'll be surprised if this version does anything for people who don't already like Military Madness. I was kinda hoping it would start with a good tutorial explaining the importance of formations, the power of surrounding, etc. Not to mention how brutally random it can be :)

I like Military Madness :) Mostly because it's Military Madness. I'm not big on the look, or the battle animations (I find it all silly and generic). I'll be surprised if this version does anything for people who don't already like Military Madness. I was kinda hoping it would start with a good tutorial explaining the importance of formations, the power of surrounding, etc. Not to mention how brutally random it can be :)

I love it when you talk MM, it's sexy and comforting. And when I say you, I mean anyone.

MM is likely my favorite hex strat game of all time. Simple rules, good setups for units (classic rock/scissors/paper type of gameplay), and at least on the TG16, the game could be punishingly difficult on some maps. Not too deep to be unapproachable, but deep enough to require strategic thought or face humiliation at the hands of your machine. I usually turn off the battle animations after I see what each unit does when it dies/attacks and the game clips along much faster. Really, really looking forward to trying this on the 360 and finally playing some online multiplayer. I get the distinct feeling I am going to wear my ass as a necklace for the first few matches, my playstyle is definitely tilted to dealing with the unit rich but planning poor NPC.

I think I've played MM (or a variation) 5 times. On the original TG16, on the PS1 (as nectaris), on the PC (emulated), on the Wii, on my Verizon EnV2 (as MM 2 oddly enough), and now on the 360. Can't get enough. Before anyone says it, Advance Wars do not count as MM clones. Close, but it is a square based game instead of hexes.

This weeks XBLA games are the South Park Defense game, and Ludicity (which I am really excited to try out)

All those people complaining about LucasArts being a shadow of its former self better at least try Lucidity.