LCVG

Sony Playstation 3 Store/Marketplace/PSN Discussion Part II

EnemaEms

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Gamersyde's got some good gameplay videos up for Flower.

Sony also announced "PSN's Spring Fever", a similar idea to MS's Summer of Arcade from last year. Basically, in the next few months, we're getting these games:

* Flower

* Noby Noby Boy

* No Gravity

* Wheel of Fortune

* Burn Zombie Burn

* Ragdoll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic

* The Punisher: No Mercy

* In addition to these titles, PlayStation Network will also be launching Bomberman Ultra, Flock, Comet Crash, Watchmen and many more during this timeframe.

Interestingly, that list is a lot shorter than it was yesterday - it listed titles like Zen Pinball, a turn based strategy title & another tower defence title.

I have a question about downloadable PS1 games. They are playable on both the PS3 and the PSP. For the PSP, do they download to the memory stick, or is it just playable via remote play?

I've been wanting to pick up Medievil. I already have the PS1 disc, so I could play that on PS3, but I'd love to have it on the PSP.

Would there be any difference graphically on the PS3 between the old disc version and the d/l version?

They are playable on both the PS3 and the PSP. For the PSP, do they download to the memory stick, or is it just playable via remote play?

The PS1 games on the PSN store are downloadable to the PSP. PS1 games on disc can be played on the PSP via remote play.

Would there be any difference graphically on the PS3 between the old disc version and the d/l version?

Shouldn't be.

I had a little under ?4 left in my PSN wallet so opted to spend it on Noby Noby Boy. This is one of the strangest, most quirky things I have played in a good while.

At this point I am not quire sure whether the positively glowing Eurogamer review falls for praising obscurity for the sake of obscurity however. It's 3:30am (perhaps the ideal hour for playing such an odd little experience) and it has yet to "click" with me. Still, it is making me smile... a lot - for reasons I don't yet know why. However, I think it is safe to say that most people will absolutely hate this.

There is no goal. A little fairy at the beginning makes this point explicitly clear. It’s just a very surreal sandbox environment. You eat things, you grow, your shrink, people and animals go for rides on your back.

My 'Boy' just split in two leaving me with two independent halves to control. I was forced to make him eat his own backside in order to make him whole again. Am I playing this or dreaming it? Why is the sun a lion kneeling down over the Earth? How can I have lost an hour of my life to this already with no regrets? Is it brilliant? I just don’t know…

I?ll tell you what I think this is.

You know when you were a child and you?d just make up nonsensical games with your toys? The way you?d lump a bunch of toys together ? toys that, by all rights, wouldn?t normally belong together (like putting a dinosaur amongst a bunch of cowboy action figures)? A child would not question what is going on in Noby Noby Boy and that seems to be the point. Why does it have rabbits acting like rabbits, but at the same time Racoons in suits riding bicycles? Does it matter? Just like when you?d play as a child there are no rules or objectives here. Everything just? is, and that?s a childhood memory most have probably forgotten (and most will probably have a difficult time trying to understand again should they be faced with a title like this).

After 90 minutes of this that?s what I take from it anyway. 90 minutes! I can?t even sit here and tell you exactly what I have done in that time. Much of it seems to have been me trying to work out what I can?t do.

I have to say, I have really neglected my PS3 as a game console. However, between Flower and Magic Ball I have been really using my PS3. Hopefully I will get back into the other games I own (i.e. Little Big Planet). I am really addicted to the two PSN titles. Flower was an instant hit with me and Magic Ball started off a bit too easy, but as I progress the difficulty has skyrocketed.

I have to say, I have really neglected my PS3 as a game console. However, between Flower and Magic Ball I have been really using my PS3. Hopefully I will get back into the other games I own (i.e. Little Big Planet). I am really addicted to the two PSN titles. Flower was an instant hit with me and Magic Ball started off a bit too easy, but as I progress the difficulty has skyrocketed.

You best be getting "The Show" Anfernee!