LCVG
EnemaEms

Sony Playstation 3 Store/Marketplace/PSN Discussion Part II

FF8 now available to buy on PSN for $10, bunch of games get pricedrops, bunch of demos up, bunch of MGS PSP games up too.

Beaterator Price Drop (was $39.99; now $19.99)

Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars Price Drop (was $39.99; now $29.99)

Holy Invasion of Privacy Badman Price Drop (was $19.99; now $9.99)

Brain Challenge Price Drop (was $9.99; now $4.99)

Unbound Saga Sale (regular price $9.99; sale price $4.99)

Tetris Sale (regular price $9.99; sale price $6.99)

Burn Zombie Burn (regular price $9.99; sale price $4.99)

I'll finally have to buy Burn Zombie Burn for that price.

I got my ModNation Racer beta the other day. Nice character/vehicle editors, nice simple hubworld, horrible server connection troubles :-/ It's really hard to judge the game at this stage because of the server problems. The joys of beta testing!

PSN is updating today instead of Thursday because of the holidays - so we're getting the LBP Pirates of the Caribbean DLC amongst other fun like this from Sega:

PSP:

Alien Syndrme - $15.99 - $9.59 Sale Price

Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars - $15.99 - $9.59 Sale Price

Crush - $15.99 - $9.59 Sale Price

Full Auto 2: Battlelines - $15.99 - $9.59 Sale Price

Iron Man - $19.99 - $11.99 Sale Price

Sega Genesis Collection - $15.99 - $9.59 Sale Price

Sonic Rivals - $15.99 - $9.59 Sale Price

Sonic Rivals 2 - $29.99 - $17.99 Sale Price

Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $15.99 - $9.59 Sale Price

Football Manager 2010 - Not in US, I think.

Sega Rally Revo - $15.99 - $9.59 Sale Price

PSN:

Sonic Unleashed - Chun-nan Adventure Pack - $2.99 - $1.79 Sale Price

Sonic Unleashed - Spagonia Adventure Pack - $2.99 - $1.79 Sale Price

Sonic Unleashed - Holoska Adventure Pack - $2.99 - $1.79 Sale Price

Sonic Unleashed - Mazuri Adventure Pack - $2.99 - $1.79 Sale Price

Sonic Unleashed - Apatos & Shamar Adventure Pack - $2.99 - $1.79 Sale Price

Sonic Unleashed - Empire City & Adabat Adventure Pack - $2.99 - $1.79 Sale Price

Sonic the Hedgehog - Very Hard Sonic Missions - $2.49 - $1.49 Sale Price

Sonic the Hedgehog - Very Hard Shadow Missions - $2.49 - $1.49 Sale Price

Sonic the Hedgehog - Very Hard Silver Missions - $2.49 - $1.49 Sale Price

Valkyria Chronicles - Hard EX Mode - $4.99 - $2.99 Sale Price

Valkyria Chronicles - Edy's Mission - $4.99 - $2.99 Sale Price

Valkyria Chronicles - Selvaria's Mission - $4.99 - $2.99 Sale Price

Gunstar Heroes - $4.99 - - $2.99 Sale Price

Does the UK have PSN point cards yet? I really want to try out the Blue Toad Murder Files games and I don't see anything about them hitting the States.

-Dean-

Does the UK have PSN point cards yet? I really want to try out the Blue Toad Murder Files games and I don't see anything about them hitting the States.

-Dean-

Blue Toad's supposed to hit the US I believe. It's been featured on the US Blog at least.

Football Manager is available in the US Brian. :)

MAG Beta is now open for everyone. They also put up LBP PSN Avatars for .49 each. A Heavy Rain Dynamic Theme is also available for $3.

-Dean-

Football Manager is available in the US Brian. :)

I know. It'll likely get bought at that price :) Sega US has gotten behind the PC version well enough so it's nice to see the console version get a release too.

MAG Beta is now open for everyone. They also put up LBP PSN Avatars for .49 each. A Heavy Rain Dynamic Theme is also available for $3.

Apparently the MAG Beta's available but doesn't get unlocked for actual play until the 4th.

Lots of PSP games on sale via EA/Sega.

I'll let you know on the MAG Beta. Its downloading the nearly 2 gig of updates now.

***EDIT***

Just read the PS3 Blog post and all you do until the 4th is have it ready to go. Kind of poopy if you ask me. :)

-Dean-

I know. It'll likely get bought at that price :) Sega US has gotten behind the PC version well enough so it's nice to see the console version get a release too.

Got a freebie code out of the blue from a mate :)

What have people tried and liked on the PSN? I have not been following their releases at ALL. I am gonna get PixelJunk Shooter and Flower is downloading as we speak, but otherwise... ?????

I'm presuming that Home is still a useless twaddle pile that I can stay away from, yeah?

What have people tried and liked on the PSN? I have not been following their releases at ALL. I am gonna get PixelJunk Shooter and Flower is downloading as we speak, but otherwise... ?????

Wipeout is worth grabbing if you've any interest in the series. It really is fantastic & is a perfect show off title for the PS3.

PixelJunk Monsters is a fun tower defence style game.

PixelJunk Eden is trippy & hard to describe but /well/ worth grabbing. There's a good deal on the two of those with Racers thrown in for free.

Shatter gets overlooked - breakout meets pinball style scoring & a great sense of style.

Super Stardust - asteroids gets a reworking basically but that doesn't give it a fair description. One of the best games on PSN.

Burnout Paradise - if you haven't grabbed it on the 360, this is worth a purchase at about $20 US.

We really should get a PSN recommendation thread or post :)

I'm presuming that Home is still a useless twaddle pile that I can stay away from, yeah?

Sony's done some interesting things in it with ARG style adventurey games in it, but nothing compelling for me.

Edited by dogbert

Racers, meh, otherwise good suggestions. :)

I am currently downloading that Heavy Rain theme, PixelJunk Shooter, Shatter, and the original Silent Hill. Can't beat that for $4.99.

Fl0wer is just, wow, amazing. Was watching my wife play it for a bit and it was very chillaxing. I presume it plays well but once she got into it she wouldn't let me have the controller. Sigh.

Oh shit, I just realized I didn't get to play Siren: Blood Curse, but I can now. HOT DAMN!

Fl0wer is great. When I get stressed out and angry playing MGS4 it makes me happy again. ;)

Anybody actually spring for Trine? I downloaded the demo and it seemed like it was a lot of fun.

Also, anyone else trying the MAG beta tonight?

Flower is weird. At first the novelty made me giddy. But now, I'm on the fourth flower and I'm kinda cold on the experience. I went from playing Shadow Complex to flower and it was a transition that made me think , "Is this actually fun what I'm doing?" It's almost as mindless as listening to music. It's cool, and I suggest checking it out, but I can't recommend it.

Dark Void Demo coming on Thursday.

With the launch of Capcom’s sci-fi shooter, Dark Void, right around the corner, Capcom is giving gamers a chance to test drive the void for themselves this week with a downloadable demo coming to Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network.

The Dark Void demo will be available for download on Xbox LIVE on Wednesday, January 6, 2010 and PlayStation Network on January 7, 2010.

The demo will give gamers a chance to strap on their jet pack for the first time and explore the mysterious and miraculous world of Dark Void through a combination of thrilling aerial dog-fighting, unique vertical cover action and on-foot combat. The teaser level will be a nice introduction to gamers who plan to try out the full game when it ships on January 19, 2009.