LCVG

Sony Playstation 3 Store/Marketplace/PSN Discussion Part II

EnemaEms

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I dislike all of the problems that folks have mentioned, what irritates me almost as much is how Sony doesn't seem to much care about improving the experience. Whether you love or hate all of the changes MS has made to XBL over the years, you can't dispute that they've put some serious resources into its development. Sony is a like a D student that is fine just sliding by with a passing grade.

This is LIGHT YEARS ahead of the initial versions of the XMB. Having the controller constantly plugged in just to be able to sync when updating the OS and always pressing the button to turn it on. So I guess you can say it's a huge improvement compared to that.

so question.

I accidentally downloaded Wipeout HD twice and for some reason not only did it allow me to do it twice but it also counted as the two free games from the Welcome Back package. So now even if I go and do the Xmb>Transaction History>> etc etc thing it won't allow me to claim my second game... is there a way around this? Or am I just fucked?

Edit: I saw someone mention about a second account, I have a second username on the PS3 can I get around it that way?

Yea - HATE that myself "...DL the game, then install it, then go to start it, and have to immediately DL the update..." especially with Burnout Paradise which took a little over an hour to install, then had 3 massive updates to apply which took 4+ hours to patch. Uugghh... At least these titles are free.

Big AssCreed sale on the PSN store in yesterday's update - a bunch of DLC for half off, AssCreed 1 for $10, AssCreed 2 "Deluxe Edition" (inc the DLC integrated into the game) for $10.

LOL... Ass Creed. I think I saw that on the shelf of Adult MegapleXXX.

Will probably pick up ACII later today. I really didn't like the first but I heard that ACII is a pretty huge improvement in all areas and have been meaning to play it.

so question.

I accidentally downloaded Wipeout HD twice and for some reason not only did it allow me to do it twice but it also counted as the two free games from the Welcome Back package. So now even if I go and do the Xmb>Transaction History>> etc etc thing it won't allow me to claim my second game... is there a way around this? Or am I just fucked?

Edit: I saw someone mention about a second account, I have a second username on the PS3 can I get around it that way?

anyone? lol

anyone? lol

I don't think anyone knows, Cappa. I know got offered the content for both my UK & US accounts, but I don't have two accounts in the one region to check that. Sorry.

As for AssCreed 2, I'd sold my disc copy recently to cash in on it while I could, so happy to pick it up digitally for $10 /with/ the DLC (that I know isn't the greatest, but still...).

anyone? lol

My wife and I each have our own account on PSN. We each received the two free games. This is connected to two different email accounts, etc. though. If the same email account was used for both PSN accounts, maybe it wouldn't work that way, not sure.

I say log into the second account and give it a try, can't hurt.

Purchased! And I actually did it right this time by telling it to power down when done.

Also, I'm now using only VIRTUAL CREDIT CARD NUMBERS for online purchases. Basically they expire after 30 days so i won't have to worry about services like PSN that I rarely use being a potential creditcard fraud threat, beyond 30 days.

My wife and I each have our own account on PSN. We each received the two free games. This is connected to two different email accounts, etc. though. If the same email account was used for both PSN accounts, maybe it wouldn't work that way, not sure.

I say log into the second account and give it a try, can't hurt.

thank you, I do have both registered under different e-mails I'll give it a shot later.

especially with Burnout Paradise which took a little over an hour to install, then had 3 massive updates to apply which took 4+ hours to patch.

LOL. Got this title during a free month with Netflix a while back. Went to install it, and it said something about a 600MB install or something crazy. I don't even remember. Anyway, it failed like twice and I gave up. Looked like a pretty cool game.

How I miss the simplicity of carts and the "on" switch.

While playing inFamous 2, I've had issues with my controller in that it freezes for like 5 seconds before I'm able to regain control. For example, if I'm running just as the controller freezes, my character continues to run in the direction I was last going and I have to wait 5 or so seconds to regain control. Very frustrating while in the heat of a battle, to say the least. It's happened before over the years but it has really gotten worse this past week with inFamous 2. It happens regardless of how charged the controller is.

I'm still on a pre-slim 60gb PS3 with a non-dual shock controller. I did a search online and found similar complaints dating back to 2007 but nothing recently. From what I've read it's a bluetooth issue.

Has anyone had any issues like this and/or know of a solution? I'm sure the best solution is just to get a new controller, and I probably will regardless, but I'd like to resolve this without having to chuck the controller.