LCVG

Unplugging for a Bit from LCVG

Dave C

Hey guys. Just an FYI, you'll be seeing less of me on the forums, particularly during the working hours. My workload has increased dramatically with new responsibilities. I had it out with my boss and he basically broke down and confided in me that I'm being groomed for his position. So, I guess it's time to unplug for a bit until I land that corner office.

Just getting home. Thanks for the kind words and well wishes.

I reviewed 2 BRDs (Business Requirement Documents) on my way home. I got funding approved for the discovery phase on both of my new projects. I'm coordinating the build for an automated metrics reporting and workflow/tracking system. All while managing a team to document our end-to-end process flow. We now bwgin work on the To-Be flow. Our current as-is service center workflow is about 20 feet of plotter paper long. All of which has to be vetted with their respective departments. I'm exausted just thinking about it. This will reduce our expenses significantly and in some small way contribute paying all you generous taxpayers back. :)

We now bwgin work on the To-Be flow. Our current as-is service center workflow is about 20 feet of plotter paper long. All of which has to be vetted with their respective departments. I'm exausted just thinking about it.

It's funny you mention that because I'm a project manager for a software development company that specializes in MIS systems for healthcare and we frequently have to document an as-is-to-be process for the hospitals and it drives me nuts and I don't even do the bulk of the work.