LCVG

American Mcgee's Alice 2 - EA published sequel to the PC original

Romier S

Here you go:

Electronic Arts Inc (NASDAQ: ERTS) and Spicy Horse today announced that they have signed a publishing deal for an all-new title based on EA’s 2000 classic, American McGee’s Alice™. The game reunites EA with American McGee, the creative visionary behind the original game. The new title is in development for the PC, PLAYSTATION?3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360? video game console.

“This new project is a dream come true for me and the fans who’ve kept the Alice flame alive,” said American McGee, senior creative director at Spicy Horse. “EA gave us creative latitude and support on the original game which resulted in something beautiful and daring. This trip through the looking glass promises to be even more exciting.”

“EA Partners is thrilled to team up with American McGee and Spicy Horse on the next installment of the Alice franchise,” said David DeMartini, senior vice president and general manager of EA Partners. “American McGee’s interpretation of Alice was an instant classic, and EA Partners is ready to help him bring his innovative vision for the franchise to even darker, more exciting places.”

No screens as of yet, but there is some concept art:

[ATTACH]3781[/ATTACH]

The original game was built on the Quake 3 engine. It looked fantastic for its time thanks to its stunning art direction. It was pretty damn fun to boot. I'm definitely interested in this sequel.

I'd wanted to get the original but by the time I could manage it, it was out of print and unavailable. I lost interest in PC gaming (for the most part) around the same time. I'm interested to see how this one turns out though not sure I'll get it.

I think I have two copies around. If you want one just PM me and I'll try and hunt it down to send your way.

Spicy Horse?

American McGee's development studio in Shanghai. Best known for the episodic PC game "Grimm" on GameTap & I believe they developed "Bad Day in LA" though that game had a weird development set-up, McGee came into it midway through development I believe.

It's worth noting that much of the content of Alice was designed by the development team, Rogue. American McGee's projects always have great concept art but it's been years since he's been involved in anything I've paid money to play.