LCVG

Drunk man run over by train awarded $2.3 million

Cyberwoo

The train driver had time to stop & didn't. The guy's lawyer argued how his client got on the track is irrelevant because of the driver's failure to stop when he had time.

Of course, the judge ruled he was partly responsible & marked down the settlement to that figure.

I'm curious, if a train ran over your leg & you found out the driver could have stopped in time but didn't, would you sue the train authority? :)

Ya I read the settlement details. The driver had aprox 60yards to stop to avoid hitting what appeared to be a pile of garbage. Turns out he was right. ;) Sorry I dont have sympathy for someone who in intoxicated and puts himself in harms way. I guess I'm just a cold hearted bastard. Just tired of these type of settlements is all. Nobody takes responsability for their actions anymore.

This stuff happens far too much in the NYC subway system, but you rarely hear about it in the news. People jump in front of the trains, and tracks daily. The stories my dad could tell (he's been a train conductor for almost 20 years), and his friend who was a Motormen for almost 30 I believe. The guy should have never been on the tracks in the first place so I don't think he should have got anything. However if the driver of the train had 60 yards to stop, then he should have. He wasn't drunk or on drugs as they take them right to brooklyn for testing.