LCVG
Dave C

Killzone 2

We had about 5 of us. It was fun until we were up against what seemed like a team of Engineers & Generals. They were building bots and sentrys all over the place. That was a slaughter. Perhaps I should modify the custom game by removing some of the toys.

That was mostly me! LOL! I usually go with the rocket launcher on that map, but decided to try my engineer stuff with so small a group.

That was mostly me! LOL! I usually go with the rocket launcher on that map, but decided to try my engineer stuff with so small a group.

I figured it was mostly you. I was hoping you would jump on our team. LOL

We had a nice little group tonight. I'm sending more clan invites out. As soon as some of us rank up a bit more I would like to setup some clan matches.

That was killer. This has become my new favorite online shooter.

Unfortunately my PS3 locked up again after that last round when it was counting my points. Bummer, and I really hope this isn't going to be a regular thing.

That was killer. This has become my new favorite online shooter.

Unfortunately my PS3 locked up again after that last round when it was counting my points. Bummer, and I really hope this isn't going to be a regular thing.

Agreed, this game is really growing on me. I'm going to try and spend more time with it this weekend. I really want the Engineer class.

I wonder what is wrong. I've had no lockups on my end.

I'm hearing the lockups are related to the 60gb, which I have. I'll try to replace the drive this week and see what happens.

I figured it was mostly you. I was hoping you would jump on our team. LOL

I would have, but I know the ISA side of that particular map better. When I play, I try to pick ISA if the choice is available.

I would have, but I know the ISA side of that particular map better. When I play, I try to pick ISA if the choice is available.

Given how well you were playing I have a feeling you'd be okay on the other side.

Indeed good times were had. I can't wait to start getting more of the unlocks, it seems like that's were the game really shines. Until then I'll just run around zapping people when they die.

Hmmmm... I play maybe an hour every afternoon when my daughter goes to school. It actually wasn't as long as ranking up in Resistance 2. Average about 20 kills a game and it wouldn't take too long.

Average about 20 kills a game and it wouldn't take too long.

Yeah, you know. Just hit over .325 in baseball and you'll be an all-star in no time.

Not being a dick, just complimenting your skills and defacing my own.

Well, when you get just a few of the items unlocked, the kills come quicker and easier, like the extra armor so you can laugh when you hear someone go: "Jesus! Why won't he DIE?!" :D I'm nowhere close to being a good online player, having only gotten into it since R2 came out, but it helped getting online with this one on launch day, just to keep up with the others, unlockable-stuff-wise.

I need to look at all the different unlocks, I just got the 2 grenade unlock and that seems to be making a big difference. Having the medic tool is pretty nice as well, I can see how that would be very useful on some of those defense missions.

Anyways thanks for handing my ass to me last night Jordan... *sobs*

Well, when you get just a few of the items unlocked, the kills come quicker and easier, like the extra armor so you can laugh when you hear someone go: "Jesus! Why won't he DIE?!" :D I'm nowhere close to being a good online player, having only gotten into it since R2 came out, but it helped getting online with this one on launch day, just to keep up with the others, unlockable-stuff-wise.

Yeah, I took another look at the killzone rank/unlock chart and realized that one of perks is fucking armor that can take double the fucking damage. No wonder I'm losing every 20 pace stand off. Whole clips are being emptied but I'm always the one to fall. It makes sense now that the default Warzone setup is "Your Rank Only".

The cool thing about the chart is it shows how long it takes to get each but it doesn't really detail out the specifics for each badge and what you get. I was able to find a quick list of items that unlock for each badge.

• Rifleman: default badge; no special abilities
  • Engineer: automated turret (primary); repair skill (secondary)
  • Medic: revive teammates; deploy health packs
  • Scout: cloaking suit; tag enemies with hidden marker (enemy revealed on team radar)
  • Assault: heavy armor; sprint boost
  • Tactician: green smoke grenades (spawn points); AI sentry bot
  • Saboteur: enemy disguise; proximity-activated C4 charge