LCVG

Tax Return 2k8? Where's it going?

Carlucci

This year, the Family Road Trip is heading to Orlando, FL, paid for in part by my tax refund. We're staying 7 nights at a Disney resort and then 5 more nights at a resort near Universal studios.

I won a free 7 day pass for Universal Studios from that superbowl ad promotion, so we'll only need to buy 4 more of those.

With my daughter turning six and my older son turning 16, it will be interesting juggling the kiddie stuff with the thrill rides.

Carlos.

Ours went straight into the bank to save up for a fence for the back yard. I'm tired of having to bundle up and put the dog on a leash every time she has to pee.

I'm still waiting for our finances to settle into normalcy so that we can adjust our withholding amounts to hopefully do away with getting a refund next year. I'd rather earn a little interest on that money myself.

Dealers around here are acting like it's a Sellers market or something!

Wow! I would imagine that they have an Annie Potts look-alike sitting at a receptionist desk just waiting for her chance to hit the Button and yell "We got one!"

Guess it hasn't gotten there yet.

What cars are you looking at mostly?

Carlos.

We're getting back far too much money :-/ It's nice to get it back, of course, but I don't like to leave so much in the hands of the government; I'd rather see a positive difference each pay cheque. 2008 was messed up because of the job change & the new baby which meant I grossly overpaid social security plus a bunch of extra credit. Oh well.

Most of it will go into savings, towards a house down payment hopefully, with a little going towards some "toys" - probably some sort of media server & maybe a copy of Unity3D to play around with. I'm sure my wife will buy some shoes.

Although, with the state of California being how it is, who knows when we'll get that part of the refund!!

I cranked up my deductions last year to the maximum, but we still got 3800 back (mostly due to the wife's massive education credit...grad school is expensive).

Most of it (3k) went into savings to fund the wife's replacement car fund (her '95 Maxima has 170k on it now) since post-Chapter-7 our credit is pretty terrible.