LCVG

How is the SP selling?

rustyjaw

I get the feeling that the GBA SP is selling like hotcakes because they are starting to crop up more and more. Particularly on the subway commute, I see a few of them (different ones) a week, when I'm not staring into mine :)

It's getting to be almost like the iPod which I constantly see (the white headhones at least) all over the place.

The gameboy advance SP is almost enough reason for a guy to get a man-purse, er, I mean European Carryall.

I would love to have an SP with me at all times.

That's why I like the winter.

The GBA SP fits quite nicely into the inside pocket of my jacket. And it stays there until spring. Unless I'm playing it, of course. ;)

Originally posted by stencil@Nov 11 2003, 11:50 AM

It's called a "murse." All us metrosexuals have 'em.

I thought a "murse" was what they call a Male Nurse? At least on "Scrubs" they do! :D

The GBA SP fits quite nicely into the inside pocket of my jacket

Now I really wish we had winter in Texas! :cry:

Originally posted by Sam P@Nov 11 2003, 12:36 PM

What is all this?!

Don't you guys have pockets? I mean, most pants come with pockets, one on either side. One will carry your wallet / cell phone and the other is for the GBA.

What exactly do you guys carry around with you? ;)

I can hear the jokes now:

"Is that a Game Boy Advance in your pocket or is your penis square?"

Seriously, I'm afraid to put it in my pocket, for fear of damaging it when I sit down. I ruined our company cell phone once that way.

And there's no way I'm putting the SP in my back pocket, if that's what you meant.

Carlos.

Originally posted by heavy liquid@Nov 11 2003, 02:08 PM

How about wearing cargo pants? :P

Cargo pockets have too much volume for the SP, so chances of inadvertent damage are higher. Also, I always seem to sit on things that are in the cargo pocket because they swing back (just from their own weight) as you lower your body.

Damn, they are expensive, though.

The leather one is the only one that strikes me as being really out there price wise. Everything else is pretty comparable to a quality piece of outdoor gear like Patagonia, Marmot, or North Face. But, I also live in a climate where I wear a fleece jacket almost every day for a good 7 to 8 months of the yearso it's really a pretty practical purchase.

is that Witch Hunter Robin

Yep. I'm only two episodes in, but I'm liking it so far. 3 more episodes left on disc one, I'll let you know what I think after I've watched the rest.

I have a ScotteVest, it wasn't that expensive, I think it was about $125, or so. It's really nice, I love having all the pockets...my SP lives in the lower right inside pocket, the games live on the outside of the same side. The iPod is on the left inside, with the headphones wired up inside up to the collar (no tangles!!). My PDA lives in the outside breast pocket, and there are inside pockets on both sides that are each big enough for magazines or a book.

I'm actually considering getting another one with a fleece lining, my only complaint about the one I have is that it's not long enough, I like jackets than hang down below my waist, and the SEV is basically waist length...I think the new ones are longer.

FWIW, I'm wearing the SEV in the halloween picture that I posted where I have the Bender mask on.

Originally posted by FreakTornado@Nov 13 2003, 02:38 AM

I have a ScotteVest, it wasn't that expensive, I think it was about $125, or so.

Um, to me, that is expensive. :) That's two or three games, man! I can usually self-justify buying coats that cost a lot if they keep me warm and/or dry, or ended the life of a cow, but $100+ to have pockets for my phone and SP keep it on the wish list.

• 2 weeks later...