LCVG

Tiger Wood's PGA Tour 10

Paul

This game is on a short development cycle with the release coming in June I believe. I really liked last year's version though there will still some things that needed improvement including the putting.

In Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 we have created a new putting mechanic which is based on the idea of carrying a single-distance putter in your bag. So what in the world does this mean? Well, this new system will allow for an alternative to our classic putting mechanic, which allowed you to toggle through a variety of max distances. This new putter will always maintain a single max distance, so it will be up to you to dial in the appropriate power and putting line on each shot. A new on-screen Precision Putting Meter will help you during your backswing and follow-through to find the correct stroke?unless you are hardcore and turn the meter off!

They also included real time updates during tournaments, dynamic weather, commentary from Scott Van Pelt, and the US Open.

http://insideblog.easports.com/archive/2009/03/12/tiger-woods-pga-tour-10-what-s-new.aspx

As long as they did not screw up the gameplay, this will be the first Tiger I buy in 3 years. Hope to see someone on the golf course.

What kind of new ground are you guys looking for in a golf game?

Thats a great question. I guess the only way I can answer it is in a guy like Madden they gave me things every year to enhance that I didnt even know I wanted until I saw them.

I dont know, I just remember playing the shit out of Links, and getting these games, playing them for about a week, then they collected dust.

It may have helped years ago on LCVG we had great turnouts for online tournaments.(with Links) Made it much more interesting. Everyone would play at their own leisure or together and then would see the results online. I seem to remember always having about a dozen participants.

Madden is a curious example since a large amount of people constantly say it does not break new ground. Alot of the things listed for Tiger are enhancements much like Madden and more recently The Show. Borrowing the putting from Links to me is the best thing to happen in a while as it was one part that I always felt was much better than Tiger's game.

we had great turnouts for online tournaments

Nothing official yet but it is being speculated that Tiger has added online tournaments after completely rewriting the online code. Another small thing being talked about that I really like is supposedly they are going to limit the drives to a more reasonable distance, no more 450 yard drives with a maxxed out golfer.

Madden is a curious example since a large amount of people constantly say it does not break new ground. Alot of the things listed for Tiger are enhancements much like Madden and more recently The Show. Borrowing the putting from Links to me is the best thing to happen in a while as it was one part that I always felt was much better than Tiger's game.

Nothing official yet but it is being speculated that Tiger has added online tournaments after completely rewriting the online code. Another small thing being talked about that I really like is supposedly they are going to limit the drives to a more reasonable distance, no more 450 yard drives with a maxxed out golfer.

Maybe cuz I play the shit out of Madden I notice quite a few subtle nuances.

Online tournaments would definitely make me reconsider acquiring this game

It may have helped years ago on LCVG we had great turnouts for online tournaments.(with Links) Made it much more interesting. Everyone would play at their own leisure or together and then would see the results online. I seem to remember always having about a dozen participants.

Those were the days! I sure enjoyed winning pretty much all those tourneys too! :cool

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

IGN's loved the Wii version(along with just about every other person)

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 for Wii is the definitive golf game. It's filled to the top with content, sports spectacular controls enhanced by MotionPlus, and includes great Disc Golf and online modes. Seriously, this is an amazing package made all the better by the peripheral pack- in. Just as impressive, though, is that this year's effort is so intuitively enjoyable that it has, in my experience, transcended the golf category altogether to become one of those rare Wii games that I will confidently recommend to anybody. Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Boom Blox and now Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 -- these are all games that are spectacular because of the very technology that makes Wii great. Like Wii Sports, Woods 10 could not be made as well for any other system. Get out there and support this excellent sequel -- a standout effort that will surely be in competition for sports game of the year.

If I actually thought I would give my Wii any real play time, I would probably get that version.

Had some trouble locating the version with the Motion Plus (can you play the game without it? I went to 2 stores that only had the game-only version) but I picked this up today. Took the Wii Motion Plus immediately out of the Wii Condom that it came with and threw that out. Daddy don't need no protection. ;)

Brought this to a party on Friday and everyone was really into the frisbee golf. It's easy to pick up and play (as long as you can throw a frisbee, you can play it!)

Only thing I didn't like was that the Golf Party games require you to use more than one remote (regular and frisbee golf can be played on one remote or with multiple ones)... which sucks because right now we only have one M+. Oh well, no big loss.

Got the 360 version. Enjoying it also, the new putting system is a big improvement(even if a bit difficult). When I get my guy built up a little more I plan on playing online quite a bit.

My biggest gripe is having to grind thru the Tournament Challenge in order to unlock everything. Having to do this year in and year out has gotten old. EA really needs to get rid of this, but of course then they would not be able to charge you for the option to unlock everything.

My biggest gripe is having to grind thru the Tournament Challenge in order to unlock everything. Having to do this year in and year out has gotten old. EA really needs to get rid of this, but of course then they would not be able to charge you for the option to unlock everything.

I love the grind, and this year's version has some tough challenges. I'm about 65% of the way though, and really enjoying it.