LCVG

Insane Castlevania: LOI jump - HOW?!!

ChoiceStriker

Okay, I'm stuck. How in the HELL am I supposed to get up to the second ledge with the screen in the room with the crystal sub-weapon? I've read several walkthroughs that all say you have to double-jump and then whip over, but I can not for the life of me (after several hundred attempts and every conceivable combination of angles and timings) make this godforsaken jump.

It's honestly dragged the entire game down a notch in my mind to have this ludicrously difficult jump in the game - if I didn't know you COULD do it, I would have stopped trying a long time ago. Romier or anyone else who owns this game, can you offer any help?

Okay, I'm stuck. How in the HELL am I supposed to get up to the second ledge with the screen in the room with the crystal sub-weapon?

Do you mean in the first world that you get the map for at the beginning? (The sanctuary). If I remember there is the second balcony that you cannot reach on the left of the screen. There is also a ledge right behind the balcony. If you jump off that ledge and then double jump (turn Leon mid-air towards the ledge) and whip youll grab the railing with the whip and jump right up there. If you want to return to it you will eventually get the Wolfs Foot relic that will speed Leon up and allow for higher jumps easily allowing you to get to the top of the ledge.

Thanks Romier, I ended up giving up on trying to get over there without the Wolf's Foot. I found out that to get that relic I had to get the Red Phoenix key, and being stumped there too, I finally found out you had to jump up on the man-eating plant to get to the balcony.

How counter-intuitive is that?! Uh... let me jump into the mouth of this man-eating plant to reach a balcony I can't see. That, and the aforementioned jump, just seems like something I never would have figured out on my own.

I had to stop playing and haven't been back to the game since, but next I'm going to try to fight the "hidden" boss - the lightning guy or whatever. Wish me luck.

Cool. I was kind of curious whether 100% was the max you could get. And I beat the first two stages of the Forgotten One the other night but I wasn't equipped with enough potions or anything so I got my ass handed to me on the third stage. :) Definitely one of the coolest (creepiest) bosses I've ever faced in a game.

Have you played through with Joachim yet?