LCVG

Blizzard in talks with MS about next Xbox

EnemaEms

You can read all about it here.

Rob Pardo himself confirmed this. Seems like they are figuring out the right input device so they can bring more $$$ into Blizzards vaults. :)

This also confirms what we all expected, MS is working on the next hardware, which there is no need for in the near future.

-Dean-

I think with the 700,000+ units per month minimum Nintendo has been pumping out for the past 2 years they will stay tight-lipped for quite a while about a new Wii.

Sony might as well fold next generation as far as I'm concerned. Their plummet from 1st to 3rd has been EPIC. :)

As for Blizzard on consoles... it's about time. Although I'd argue that 95% of people who would have interest in it have the ability to play World of Warcraft. I've seen that game playing on a 733mhz Pentium 3 over 56k at a [relatively] decent framerate.

Rob, I'd agree that most people can play WoW, especially given its relatively lower system requirements compared to other PC games.

However, I'd also wager that seeing even a bastard form of WoW is not exactly the point to those talks. Keep in mind that Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 are in the pipe right now and those two titles could probably move a few consoles pretty easily (Diablo 3 in particular seems like it'd be a good fit with the right control set-up).

As for Blizzard on consoles... it's about time. Although I'd argue that 95% of people who would have interest in it have the ability to play World of Warcraft. I've seen that game playing on a 733mhz Pentium 3 over 56k at a [relatively] decent framerate.

I'd pick up WoW for the 360 (if it ever arrives.) The console has more than a few advantages:

* Built in voice support, no more 3rd party programs. So private chart, guild chat, general chat could easily be handled in game (and abused hehe).

* Play on the couch, more relaxing and other folks can watch.

* Maybe guest accounts or such for friends visiting?

* Much lower initial cost for entry, no need to ever upgrade hardware.