LCVG

Can't stream from PC to 360/PS3

RudyN

I'm trying to setup audio/video streaming from my PC to my PS3/360. I have the systems wired to my router via CAT5 cables. System is using Norton Internet Security. If I completely disable the firewall, I have no problems. If I try to open up the ports I'm supposed to:

UDP

local subnet only

TCP

local subnet only

TCP

local subnet only

10280-10284

UDP

local subnet only

then nothing happens at all. The PS3 and 360 don't even see my computer. Maybe I should try again when I"m not so tired. Anyone have any tips?

Rudy

I fought with some streaming issues using TVersity, and couldn't get it to work. Switched back to Windows Media Player, and it's fine now. I get some strange error popups on the ps3 (DNLA errors), but it seems to work great on the 360 for music and photos. I don't really bother with video-much easier on the network to just use a USB HD.

I'm trying to use Windows Media Player. In Norton, under the Personal Firewall, Advanced Settings, I went under General Rules and allowed for both inbound and outbound connections. No luck.

UPDATE:

Installed PS3 Media Server and was able to get it to work while it's connected via the CAT5, but if I do it wireless it can't connect.

Edited by RudyN