LCVG

MAG - New Screenshots (PS3)

Romier S

Dumb name, possibly great concept (256 player online shooter with Planetside like upgrades) and some really nice screens...

[ATTACH]3829[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3830[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3831[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3832[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3833[/ATTACH]

More can be found here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37044807@N02/sets/72157616227223753/

For those not in the know, this is the new game coming from Zipper Interactive. The guys behind the Socom series.

I can imagine this happening:xqe0ec.jpg Spawn and die 30 seconds later. I find the larger rooms in both SOCOM and Killzone 2 play completely differently than the smaller rooms (limited to 16 people). People in smaller rooms tend to play strategically rather than constant death match.

Day one purchase for me.

• 4 months later...
I imagine this will have a very extensive beta test.

It's been going as a closed beta for a while & Zipper have been stress testing it internally for ages... But in the past week or so, Sony's been sending out beta invites to Playstation members... And I just got my invite & code. Woot.

Time limited beta, with servers up twice a day for 3 hours a pop.

I'm on a bog standard ADSL & I got my code (this is after taking the survey).

That might be the point. They're probably testing a mix of connection types to simulate some real-world conditions rather than walk away saying, "See? Works great with all these people on the same connection type."

That might be the point. They're probably testing a mix of connection types to simulate some real-world conditions rather than walk away saying, "See? Works great with all these people on the same connection type."

Oh totally; was just throwing out my connection as a datapoint.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what Zipper are up to.

• 4 months later...

I played it last night and thought it was very "Meh". The graphics are not great at all which makes trying to see your enemies quite difficult. The shooting didn't feel good either. Its got same way cool ideas though, but I think Zipper should of just stuck to making a badass SOCOM game with some of these ideas.

-Dean-

• 3 weeks later...