LCVG

From Now on I'm Going to Have to Deal with WAF

JFo

christmas2007006edited1.jpg

Yes, it's true! Those of you follow me from Twitter and Facebook probably already know this, but as of Tuesday, March 31, I became officially engaged to my wonderful girlfriend (or shall I say fianc??) Katie pictured above with yours truly.

First, let me get some questions out of the way. No date has been set for the wedding, but we are looking toward next spring.

Katie and I have been together for two years now and met through eHarmony.

Yes, we are like the couples in those TV commercials. It can be downright sickening to hang out with us at times.

Although not an avid gamer, she shockingly owns a Nintendo DS Lite and enjoys the occasional Wii game. I will admit to having some influence in that regard.

When I met her, she already knew the difference between widescreen movies and pan & scan and preferred the former.

Both of us are really excited and a bit overwhelmed with all that we have to do in the coming year. It's going to take a lot of time and effort to pull it all off, but we are looking forward to spending the rest of our lives together.

Anyway, I just wanted to share the big news with you all. Any words of wisdom from you married guys would of course be appreciated.

As someone who is about to celebrate 20 years of marital bliss (our anniversay is May 6th), let me share the secret with you:

My wife and I decided very early in our marriage that SHE would take care of all the day to day, mundane, routine decisions, and *I* would take care of all the big, important, major decisions.

And I want you all to know.....

...when the time comes to make one of those decisions, I'll be ready!

;)

Congratulations, Jeff. How did you pop the question?

Carlos.

Congratulations, Jeff. How did you pop the question?

First of all, thanks everyone for the congrats. I do appreciate it.

I popped the question on the two year anniversary of our first date. This year it fell on a Tuesday, so we didn't have anything planned for that particular day (although we did celebrate it the weekend prior). Basically, I surprised her at home. She works a late shift and doesn't usually get home until after 9:30 in the evening. I figured it would be a nice surprise for her if I were there when she arrived since our current schedules prevent us from seeing each other much during the week.

So, I bought a dozen red roses during my lunch break and drove over to her place after I got off work. I didn't want Katie to see my car sitting outside and realize I was there, so I enlisted the help of a friend who lives about a mile away from her. I left my car at his place and he gave me a lift to hers. I set up the flowers on her kitchen counter along with a card so that she would see them as soon as she walked in the door. At that point, I retreated upstairs, lit some candles, plugged in some Christmas tree lights to set a romantic mood... and waited.

Wouldn't you know it, this was one of those nights she had to stay late at work. Then of course she stayed a bit longer and talked to one of her friends after she got off. End result, she didn't get home until ten o'clock that night.

Finally I saw heard the garage door open and saw her pull into the driveway. From her room upstairs, I heard the door to the kitchen open and something along the lines of, "Aww, how sweet!" Anxiously, I waited. I heard the tearing of paper as she opened the card, which told her that if she liked the flowers, there was more upstairs.

At this point, I heard her moving through the house and footsteps rushing up the stairs. I braced myself. I waited in her room with the door mostly shut so that she didn't see me standing in there right away. Finally, she pushed the door open and saw me standing before her.

I won't go into too much detail, but I will say that I did drop down onto one knee the way a man should in these circumstances. And her answer was, "Of course!"

Congrats! !

It sounds like your WAF won't be very hard to deal with. I don't get too much of that. I suggested a few years ago getting rid of the projector for a 50" plasma. She told me no way ;) because she's the elitist movie freak.

I feel bad for the guys with real WAF...I can just see guys trying to get their wives to watch movies and hearing complaints about "those black bars" and "that annoying huge TV" :lol

Congrats again Jeff..

1- Popping the question on my bday? why didn't you ask first:)

2- Spring time is a great time for a wedding

3- Wanna split the wedding price since me and diana are hoping to get married next spring as well?:)

Again Wish you guys the most of happiness.

1- Popping the question on my bday? why didn't you ask first:)

I think I might have had other things on my mind that day. Oh, and happy belated birthday, Phil.

2- Spring time is a great time for a wedding

That's the idea. Minnesota can be a bit unpredictable weather-wise of course. I suppose if we do it later in the spring (i.e. late-April, May) we won't have to wear our snow boots to the church.

3- Wanna split the wedding price since me and diana are hoping to get married next spring as well?:)

Thanks for the offer, but I think that might be tough to coordinate being halfway across the country from you. Besides, Katie and I both have very large families. I can see the price of our spiraling out of control if we're not careful. You don't want in on that.

By the way...

I found out tonight that she had some money stashed away in a savings account. I told her that we should use it to buy a new MacBook Pro. She said no.

It begins!

Thats funny this line really made me laugh for some reason.........

Any way congrats my friend I'm happy to see you happy shes a great gal for you.

I recall you mentioning to me the movie thing shortly after you met her and stating something like well it's met to be than. I'm so glad to see that throw away line turned out to be true.

^^^^^^

LOL

Good luck. Did you ask her dad's permission first? I'd get my ass kicked if I didn't do that :)

We've been talking about taking the big step but we'd like to wait a few more years so we can have a big bash here in town. The Weddings is teh expensive.

^^^^^^

LOL

Good luck. Did you ask her dad's permission first? I'd get my ass kicked if I didn't do that :)

We've been talking about taking the big step but we'd like to wait a few more years so we can have a big bash here in town. The Weddings is teh expensive.

I did.. That was not as bad as i thought.. Her father was very cool about it

Did you ask her dad's permission first? I'd get my ass kicked if I didn't do that :)

No, I did not. I contemplated it but decided it wouldn't be a big deal if I didn't. Katie pointed out to me after the fact that if it were a big deal for her family, she would have told me beforehand. I think I'm okay. At least I hope I am.

:)