LCVG

Resonance of Fate - (X360, PS3) new RPG form Sega/Tri-Ace

Romier S

There's a trailer for this along with some screenshots on IGN. Same developer that brought Star Ocean 4 and Infinite Undiscovery (neither if which I've bothered to play yet). I can't say I'm too high on JRPG's these days but this one looks fairly interesting from the screens...

[ATTACH]3836[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3837[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3838[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3839[/ATTACH]

Trailer:

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

This is due to release soon, not that anyone will buy it or care considering Final Fantasty XIII just hit story shelves (Sega must be retarted releasing this so close to SE's behemoth). That's too bad too because the game actually looks pretty decent. Here's a gametrailers preview:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/preview-hd-resonance-of/62774

The good part about it likely flopping is that I'll be able to pick up fairly quickly in the bargain bin.

Depending on how the reviews turn out - I'll probably pick it up at some point down the road. The trailer looks decent - and I was a very big fan of Tri Ace's Valkyrie Profile (especially 2 on the PS2 which continues to enjoy a spot in my permanant collection). However, with just being 3-4 hours into Final Fantasy XIII right now - it's not a day 1 purchase for me.

Bargain bin buy for me. The plate is quite literally full with God of War 3, Metro 2033, Final Fantasy XIII and Dragon Age Awakening.

Same here. "My cup runneth over" with RPGs in the backlog already & this smacks of being reduced in price quickly. Hopefully. :)

Heh, I already have Valkyria Chronicles in my "to do" list, one of the first games I got when I picked up my PS3. This sounds really damn good, however. I like how the story is apparently minimalist and the whole thing sounds like it would be right up my alley. If I can find it at Wal-Mart I may have a winner, as I have a gift card lingering from there (either that or I'll finally cave in on Bayonetta and/or Yakuza 3)

I'm starting the campaign right here for this being this year's Yalkyria Chronicles - risk taking mechanic tweaking JRPG published by Sega.

...that barely sells. This time thanks to the genius who decided to release it a week after Final Fantasy XIII. Don't forget that part.:D

i ended up with two FFXIII's pre-orders so I swapped one of them into resonance of fate. Just got a call that it was in stock (got delayed from tuesday) and I was gonna go grab it.

Anyone have it? I can't even find many reviews...not sure if I really want this considering I'm 6hrs into Final Fantasy and have DA:Awakenings to get through.

• 3 months later...

I finally got around to starting this; weirdest darn "prologue" for a RPG I've played through in quite a while. Confusing battle system - three characters in team with little to no explanation of who they are - random story/mission scenes that give you no background as to what's going on. But the battle system is becoming clearer and is interesting.

And yet, as much of the battle system as I've grasped, I've already hit a wall in the first real dungeon sequence in the game. I understand all the individual game elements thanks to the Arena tutorials & the in-game manual (which is a great idea!), but I've still to grasp how to string together the correct tactics for facing off against more "difficult" enemies. There's a real tightrope of spending bezels vs earning them that I've yet to come close to mastering after a couple of hours of play & it seems key to advancing.

Props to TriAce for the combat system as it's extremely novel for the genre and I want to master it.