LCVG

Those 'Final Boss' Blues

Jordan_E

Ever get to the Final Boss in a game and didn't feel like taking it over the top and finishing because you knew it was the Final Boss? Am at that point in Dead Space right now and really don't feel like taking it on a second time, since I know all there is afterward is a cut-scene. Maybe because it's a rental and I know I'll probably buy the game later on might have something to do with it, although I think it's simply sheer laziness on my part. Still need to finish The Godfather and a few others I came close to but never actually finished. Always seems to be another game out there to get to; the Game Pass also has something to do with this practice.

Ever get to the Final Boss in a game and didn't feel like taking it over the top and finishing because you knew it was the Final Boss?

No.:D If I'm there, it's getting completed. There's always another game I want to start up and there are times where I can't do that in a lot of cases if I don't have closure with the one I'm working on.

If you're already at the end though, why not finish her off?

I can understand if you're playing a longer game and you happen to be in the middle of it and have a yearning to play something else. I've done that quite a bit over the years. Though I've gotten a lot better about it in recent years (I really try to stick with one game at a time now as opposed to play three different ones etc.). However, if you're already starting the final boss...finish it.:)

I've done that before. The one I remember most was Super Mario RPG. Made it to the final boss, and just stopped playing for some reason. I put the game back in around 2006 (what is that, 10 years?) and completed it in two tries. I had no idea what was going on during the end sequence ;)

Ever get to the Final Boss in a game and didn't feel like taking it over the top and finishing because you knew it was the Final Boss?
When I was younger, that happened kind of a lot. These days...? The only remotely recent example I can think of off the top of my head is "Beyond Good and Evil". The reversed controls were too much for me to deal with. :)

This happens to me with games and books. When I know I'm at the end, there can be a moment where I either don't want it to end or I don't like how I "think" it's going to end. It's kinda stupid that I just end the media experience early, but I've been that way with media since I was a little kid.