LCVG

Metroid Prime Speed Run

Mark E

Holy fucking shit!

I must download this video when I get home tonight. I cannot even begin to imagine what it must be like to see this guy go through the whole game in a time frame similar to that of watching a movie. Unbelieveable!

On a related note, I have heard about a group of gamers who have been able to beat Metroid Prime with a completion rate of only 24%... on hard. Now, that's something I would like to see as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

What could be better than a speed run through Metroid Prime? Why, two of them of course!

Big deal, you say! Why do we need another speed run when we have seen one already? True, the other one linked to in this thread is pretty impressive, but so is this one. This guy took 1 hour, 38 minutes to beat the game, but unlike the other speed run where the player got 100% of the items, this guy only got 23% of them.

In case you don't realize what that means, let me explain. There are 12 Chozo Artifacts that you must find in order to finish the game. Each one of these counts as 1% of the total percentage of items found throughout the game. In order to finish Metroid Prime with only 23% of the items, here is a list of what you have to bypass:

• All Energy Tanks
  • All but one Missle Expansion
  • The Gravity Suit
  • The Grapple Beam
  • Charge Beam
  • Super Missles
  • Spider Ball
  • Thermal Visor
  • Wavebuster
  • Ice Spreader
    and
  • Flame Thrower

Are we interested yet? If so, click here to go to download the 19 videos that comprise this very impressive run. The video quality isn't exactly great, and at times it's almost too dark to see what's going on. Still, it's a great feat to watch if you're an absolute Metroid fanatic like me.

Originally posted by Bobbio@Jul 16 2004, 08:49 PM

link seems to be broke

Try the other ones, Bob. They're still good.

I looked at that link again, and it appears as though there are some more speed runs of the game to watch, including this one that took the person a mere one hour and four minutes! I think I'm going to have to watch this sometime tomorrow. I have to see this to believe it.