LCVG
Dan B.

Forza Motorsport 3

Forza 3 has gone gold & you can expect a demo on September 24.

Here's a look at the intro video.

In related news, I just ordered Dirt 2 & am about to order NFS: Shift. (also GT 5 arriving this year maybe?) :runaway

I got Dirt 2 on release day, probably will get Shift and have pre-ordered Forza 3 already!

Great news on the demo, can't wait, and thanks for the link.

If you see me on Dirt 2, send me an invite if you want to do some MP :tu I'm enjoying the campaign so far, some cool locations and pretty sweet rides. I like the different types of events you can do.

Matt

Matt

Just a reminder that the demo for this game is due to come out tomarrow. I'm hoping its available in the AM so I can play a bit after work in the morning.

Just a reminder that the demo for this game is due to come out tomarrow. I'm hoping its available in the AM so I can play a bit after work in the morning.

The videos I have seen have me drooling. The game is absolutely gorgeous.

Demo has 5 cars, and one track. I tried out the Mini and the Ferrari. Game looks fantastic, especially in the inside the car view.

Downloaded and played for about an hour, I want it NOW :rock

Very nice, clean looking menu system. The in car view is awesome and the sense of speed going down the hill in either the Audi or Porsche R3 is great!

Can't wait for Oct 28th :banghead

Ya the demo is pretty sweet. Took each car for a spin and even in the mini the sense of speed is fantastic. Bump up to the R3 and yowzers. Anyway the game looks/sounds fantastic, runs at a sexy 60fps, cars handle great, the menu system seems much improved (very clean looking), etc. Heck even the menu music was quite nice. Little disapointed that the demo doesn't have leaderboards, has no car tuning and resistricts you to 2 laps only. Can't wait for this game.

I thought the demo was supposed to have leaderboards? I'll be playing this in a few hours. :cheers

Also, since there isn't a Dirt 2 thread, I got that game last night & I give it a thumbs up...it's damn fun.

Absolutely love it. Love the feel of the cockpit view. Looks great and the sense of speed seems to be infinitely better than I remember with Forza 2.

Pretty beautiful course, too.

I can't wait to start tweaking a CR-X all over again :)

I thought the demo was supposed to have leaderboards?

It does. At the end of the 2 laps are various options including leaderboards.

OK, after a few laps I've got 1:08.681 with the California, no assists. Let's have some friendly competition. I like this track, it's got a nice rhythm to it.

Little disapointed that the demo doesn't have leaderboards, has no car tuning and resistricts you to 2 laps only.

Choose your car and the track then hit Y to open the leaderboards. I accidentally discovered that you can do solo hot lap with unlimited laps and no damage if you launch from there.

The Porsche is dangerous on that track. Nice. Is damage only cosmetic? I banged the wall a few times but it didn't do any damage. EDIT It's just when racing a ghost, damage is good when racing the AI cars. Also, I had some bad stuttering when friends were signing online. Probably just a temporary glitch, I hope.

Huh good to hear the leaderboards and unlimited laps options are in there somewhere. They sure went out of there way to hide the option. Maybe I was just tired. Anyway looking forward to trying this with the wheel this weekend. I'll try to post some respectable leaderboard times then.

OK, after a few laps I've got 1:08.681 with the California, no assists. Let's have some friendly competition. I like this track, it's got a nice rhythm to it.

You sir, are one fast driver :rock

Your time in the Porsche is 1:00. something and is #593 in the world, I'm like 5 seconds off, you call that friendly, I think your a ringer, lol

Alright Dan. I couldn't resist. I put in some laps this morning before bed and beat your Porsche time. Your turn. I'll look for you new top time tomarrow morning. :) That car is a blast on that track.

Time(s) beaten. Your turn.

After putting in a bunch of laps on this one track, I really hope the other original tracks are anywhere near as fun to drive. It's probably not a good track for passing human opponents, but it's really great fun to drive. That big left hand turn after the first downhill is brilliant, it's tough to judge the right entry, then you've got a guardrail to deal with & a curb that invites you over to your inevitable doom, at least with a really fast car, no doubt. Several other areas of the track have nice elevation & just the right dips & things also to make it tricky...it's really excellent.

Elevation changes are fucking important & this track proves it. Also, have you all seen the new version of Fujimi Kaido? That should be fun.

Edited by Dan B.

Ouu, the bumper cam has a nice wide field of view that really helps you see and feel corners, plus it feels wickedly fast :) Though I'll probably stick to the in-car view for racing. Just feels so good.