LCVG

DDR Ultra Mix Soon

Romier S

Dance Dance Revolution comes to an Xbox near you very soon folks. Next week in fact. On 11/18 Konami will ship the DDR Ultra Mix bundle which includes the game and the controller pad to play the game with (the game will not be made available separetly until 12/2). Work from Konami is that various PS2 controller adapters which allow you to use PS2 controllers on the Xbox will work with the PS2 dance pad so if you want to hold out and get an adapter you can (Go to the official site for a list of compatible adapters).

Also it looks like there is already downloadable content available via Xbox Live but it appears you will need to pay a price for it:

DDR content

I've never played this game before (WAY too embarrassing to get up there on one in the arcade!), but I'm thinking about buying this. I'm also hearing that it is going to have online play, unlike previously thought!

There is 4 player support offline, AND online. There will not be any VS Doubles offline or on.

Songs besides the songs included with the game will only be available as song packs, and will most likely not be sold seperately as booster discs. The pricing for songs will be $5 USD for 5 new songs. The initial plan is to offer one pack a month. There MAY also be free song downloads.

There's also dance pads from Naki, MadCatz and Pelican. Any one have any suggestions as to which one is the best to get?

Any one have any suggestions as to which one is the best to get?

Yeah, any pad by Red Octane.

http://www.redoctane.com/

Or

Cobalt Flux

http://www.cobaltflux.com/

The pads are more expensive than the pads you buy for 40$-50$ but oh so much better from what I've been reading. I was planning on getting a Red Octane Ignition 2.0 pad, but now I think I want one of the metal pads instead.

And I want to make sure whatever pad I get will work with both my PS2 and my Xbox versions of DDR.

I haven't tried either, so I can't offer my own opinion, but PSM magazine did a review (last month I think) where they said they couldn't tell a difference between the Red Octane Ignition 2.0s and these:

http://www.levelsix.com/products/playstati...xeDDR_v31.shtml

They did indicate that the Cobalt Flux hard pads were the best ones, if I remember right.

• 2 months later...

DDRfreak.com has reported that a new song pack is due soon. Same as before these songs are $1 a piece. Heres the track list:

Coming Soon! Song Pack #2

? Midnite Blaze / U1 Jewel Style

? AFRONOVA PRIMEVAL / 8 bit

? FIRE DUB / ASLETICS

? SOMETHING WONDERFUL / L.E.D.

? OUTER LIMITS / L.E.D. -G

Originally posted by Ruffneck@Jan 27 2004, 08:18 PM

DDR Ultramix Song Pack 2 - Available now!

Premium Purchase.

5 Songs - 5 dollars.

2062 blocks.

Cool! Thanks for the heads up. Just went and got it.

In case anyone is interested, the # of feet for each song are (Light/Standard/Heavy)...

? Midnite Blaze 4/5/8

? AFRONOVA PRIMEVAL 4/6/9

? FIRE DUB / ASLETICS 3/5/6

? SOMETHING WONDERFUL 4/5/7

? OUTER LIMITS 5/7/10

• 1 month later...

DDR Ultramix was the first DDR game I have played and love it to peices, but.....

This is still pissing me off about MS, I live in Canada and the DDR content is not available here. Grrrrrrr, had I known, or had it been advertised openly on the package, I would have bought DDR on PS2 as the there are many more DDR title on PS2.

Hopefully they will be available sometime in the future, but I can't understand why it is not available here.

• 2 months later...

If I can take the conversation back to the pads... specifically the Level Six pads Kain Rising was talking about. I checked out the site and the Xbox pads are only $6! Is this really a quality pad? Anyone have one? It doesn't seem like anything in the videogame industry could cost six dollars and still be a quality piece of merchandise. But if it is, hell, I'll buy 4!

I also noticed there is a 4th and 5th dance pack out there available for download. Gotta collect them all!

Originally posted by xPieter@Jun 5 2004, 11:53 PM

If I can take the conversation back to the pads... specifically the Level Six pads Kain Rising was talking about. I checked out the site and the Xbox pads are only $6! Is this really a quality pad? Anyone have one? It doesn't seem like anything in the videogame industry could cost six dollars and still be a quality piece of merchandise. But if it is, hell, I'll buy 4!

I also noticed there is a 4th and 5th dance pack out there available for download. Gotta collect them all!

I think you're looking at the wrong dance pads - the ones you would want are these:

Deluxe Dance Pad V.3.1 (Xbox)

A bit more than $5. ;)

I actually have one of the PS2 V.3.1 pads and one of these to do controller conversion. (You can buy those converters in Target, Walmart, etc, in addition to strictly-game stores).

But I'm still pleased with mine.