LCVG

Mice Without Wires (or Hats)

adamsappel

I bought my first optical mouse recently, a cute little mini-mouse from GE. Well, like many cute things, eventually it got tired and decided to lay on its cute ass and not work half the time. Teasing bitch. So, does anyone have any recommendations of optical mice, preferably wireless and with a smallish footprint? At Best Buy, I remember seeing Logitech, Belkin, Kensington and Targus brands. I'd like to spend no more than $50. Thanks.

Originally posted by gigapower@Nov 13 2003, 08:14 PM

Logitec MX-700 not questions about it, the one to own.

Yep. I've had one since they were released and it is without a doubt the best mouse I've ever used. It tracks better than any mouse (optical or not) I've ever used, it's got a very comfortable shape (YMMV), it comes with a pair of AA NiMh batteries, and it has a recharging base...

I think they might be down to under $50 now. When I got one it was $80.

EDIT: Unfortunately it's $70 at Best Buy:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id...67&type=product

Originally posted by Robot Monkey@Nov 14 2003, 08:48 AM

At $70 you might as well spend the extra $$$ for the Logitech Elite Duo combo and get a wireless keyboard, too.

I have four of these combos - highly recommended. As are rechargeable batteries...

The MX 700 has a base/charger unit plus will need an available power outlet. It doesn't take up much desktop space but the cords are somewhat bulky. For me, it's the best mouse I've ever used. I didn't pick up the combo and wish I had, my old MS Natural Keyboard Elite is on it's dying days.

Logitech also makes a wireless mouse for notebooks, I've seen it at best buy, I believe, but didn't really pay much attention to size, comfort, etc.

At $70 you might as well spend the extra $$$ for the Logitech Elite Duo combo and get a wireless keyboard, too.

I picked up one of these a while ago. It absolutely rocks. The wireless keyboard is better than I thought it would be. I got it for $40 something through amazon with a gift certificate that I had so it was a no brainer to get the bundle. Currently I have the free batteries that came with the keyboard in it, but when they die I'm going to replace them with some rayovac 1800 rechargable alkaline batteries.

The only problem I tend to have with the mouse is I keep falling off my mouse pad. I know I really don't need to have one but the texture of the pad is more comfortable than sliding it across the top of my desk. But thats not a problem with the mouse, its a problem with the user.

• 9 months later...