LCVG

NFL 2009 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy and I thought the MNF announcers sucked. I love Bob Papa when he's doing radio work for the Giants (as he can get quite excited) but good lord both he and Millen are a pair of fucking borefests to listen to.

Simpson just breaks a big punt return and you would think it was a 2 yard run with the amount of excitement that the announcers brought to the table. Some of the most dull announcing EVER.

LOOK! It's DeSean Jackson leading the Giants marching band!

[ATTACH]4092[/ATTACH]

On a more serious note, Ochocinco asked the NFL to allow him to wear Henry's jersey during his game this week. He was told no by the league and the Bengals organization. Chad apparently is doing it anyway.

http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2009/ochocinco-vows-to-wear-henry-jersey-despite-nfl-objections/

Good for him. I hope he goes through with it.

Edited by Romier S

Yeah, the Cowboys came to play tonight. But the Saints are hardly unfamiliar with comebacks. Still, I had a feeling Dallas would show up tonight. That said, assuming they pull out a win tonight (which is still a 50-50 proposition with a 14 point lead), they'll screw up next week versus the 'Skins. They aren't good at success. But still, playing like they are capable tonight. It is nice to see.

The Cowboys now have to go into the half and come out and continue to finish the drives the rest of the game and the D has to continue to play brilliantly. Of course, the Saints can come out of this half and score 21 easily in a quarter let alone a half. The Jets put pressure on Brees and shut him down considering the numbers that he normally puts up but the game had to be coughed up as a Sanchez learning game.

Best thing about that drive...7 minutes off of the clock. The Cowboys are playing their best football of the year tonight. As said above though, Saints are versatile and experienced in this situation. Plenty of football left to play.

Yep, lots of time left, that last drive put the cowboys in a good position though... Lots of time off the clock, and up another TD.

I'd be shocked if Brees pulls this out. Stranger things have happened but as of right now, this is a big win for the Cowboys.

..and thats game. Ware beasting tonight on a night he wasn't supposed to play. Sorry New Orleans, the dream dries (at least the dream of perfection, the loss may actually be a good thing) much to the chagrin of my Giants which unfortunately need a bit of a miracle to get into the playoffs. Great game by Dallas regardless.

Edited by Romier S

Give the game ball to Ware and his counterpart(Spencer). They really manhandled the Saints O-Line. Romo did everything he could not to screw up. Their defense really deserves the medal for that win.

On the radio, the ESPN radio guys were saying it's the biggest upset of the year.

I think it's easily the biggest upset of the year and wow did the Dallas D show up. When Folk missed I thought, here we go. What a game. This just saved Wade I think.

Definitely a great game by Dallas & I honestly thought they were going to go to overtime after the missed kicked. I don't know if it's saved Wade; it's a great performance, but it's still been a lousy December.