LCVG

Things to do while my Xbox is being repaired?

howiedo1n

Things to do while my Xbox is being repaired?

Well I got a pre-paid box for shipping in the mail three days ago but had a hard time parting with my Xbox. Especially after all the fun I have had with R63 lately. But the lock ups and freezes began to out weigh the fun at one point. So I finally gave in today and shipped it off to Memphis where they repair these horrendously made boxes? I just hope it returns in better shape than I shipped it in.

Now the question is this: What do I do, or play in the next 15-20 or so days that this repair is said to take place?

I might just rent something for my PS2. I promised my wife I would not buy any thing till after my B-day (11/26) so I don?t happen to buy the same game she got me as a gift. Possibly SOCOM 2.

(One year I didn?t want to wait and I picked up Dino Crisis 2 and lets just say that it did not go over very well.) :twisted:

Hmmmmm? What to do? What to do? Any suggestions?

Hate to ask this because it sounds like it would be too late if the answer was no...

but did you backup your saves and XBLive account to a memory card?

Yeah you could buy a new xbox and then when the old one comes back sell it and not take too much of a hit since you could state that it has a new drive/whatever.

But if you don't want to do that there are a lot of good platinum hits PS2 titles to check out - Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper, Kingdom Hearts, etc. Maybe you could get a special case clearance from the wife for a older title.

I'm currently in the process of rearranging my HT, and have to wait for the new, long cables to get here (apparently only one place on earth carries DVI-I male-female extension cables) before I can do anything with my projector again (watch DVD's, play games, etc.)...so if you think you're bad off, just think of what kind of withdrawal I'm going through. :cry: ;)

Originally posted by Ryan FB@Nov 17 2003, 12:56 PM

I'm currently in the process of rearranging my HT, and have to wait for the new, long cables to get here (apparently only one place on earth carries DVI-I male-female extension cables) before I can do anything with my projector again (watch DVD's, play games, etc.)...so if you think you're bad off, just think of what kind of withdrawal I'm going through. :cry: ;)

Great time to pull out that GBA SP from your avatar and do some catching up. 8)

but did you backup your saves and XBLive account to a memory card
Just as you said, it is a bit too late to do any thing about it now but no I did not back up anything. I sent it with a note and a dream (that I am sure will be laughed at by the service guy as he is formatting it or whatever) saying something like if it was at all possible to leave the HD intact to please do so since I had not had a chance to back it up yet. I hope it will come back with all the files.. :oops:

just think of what kind of withdrawal I'm going through

I can feel your pain Ryan. Ouch..

Just an update:

I decided to rent Prince of Persia to help ease the pain of my loss. I must say that I LOVE this game and I am enjoying every minute of it. So much so that I am already 95% complete and my xbox has not even made it to its destination yet. I think I might return this to Blockbuster and get either NFSU or BG&E.

On top of that, I never bought a game and felt bad about it until now. I had not even considered picking up Project Gotham Racing 2 until reading all the great feed back and reviews posted here and on others sites. So I decided to trade in my MC2 (since no one has really jumped a the chance to play this on LIVE anyway) and picked up PGR2.

The only problem now is the closest thing to playing it over the next 2 weeks or so would be to place the CD on my index finger and spin it while making the noises VROOM, VROOM.

I guess I wont see you on LIVE with this title too soon. ;)

To Buck and the rest of PGR2 guys thanks for all the info on that title I am very excited to get the box back and give it a shot.