LCVG
Paul

Madden 10 LCVG Franchise League

Also got the achievement for tackling A.P. for a loss 3 times or more. :)

You suck! :P I played the Vikes and hit him for a loss twice on the first series and yet I was never able to get that third hit before the game ended.

:sleep loss to Mr Glass and his Ravens.

I managed to keep it close, but I didn't have chance really.

It's impossible to stop the constant QB running to the side lines and then throwing short to the flat, or worse yet, back across the entire field,... all game long. :rolleyes

:sleep loss to Mr Glass and his Ravens.

I managed to keep it close, but I didn't have chance really.

It's impossible to stop the constant QB running to the side lines and then throwing short to the flat, or worse yet, back across the entire field,... all game long. :rolleyes

Really? I remember one scramble to the right which hit Mason for some significant yardage and about 4 - 5 WR screens to him over the course of the game. That accounts for all game long? My running backs had a total of 66 yards receiving. I tried running the ball, but didn't have much success as my 19 attempts for 32 yards indicated. If I hadn't played the game and came hear reading your account of what happened, I would have thought Flacco would have passed for some ungodly amount of yardage and touchdowns as opposed to his 201 with one TD and two picks. Regardless, I thought you were a gracious opponent and the only reason I won was defense.

I'll self evict myself as I don't want to be known as "that guy" that everyone hates to play.

You played very well both on offense and defense, as did I. That's why we had such a close competitive game. Your defense was fantastic BTW!

That's also why it was so complexing that you felt the need to go to that undefendable play so often. :dontknow

I don't want you to be known as "that guy" either, but what do ya do? If you ran that play one or twice I certainly wouldn't have even felt the need to mention it.

To be fair though, you can play however you choose. It was just painful to sit through that game, and I decided to vent. Heck, maybe it's sour grapes on my part. Go ahead and continue to play as you do and if no one else complains, then we can confirm I'm a sore loser. ;)

BTW, you mentioned Joe Flacco was leading the league in INT's. I thought you'd find it funny, I played the Ravens earlier in the day, to warm up for our game, and the Pats got six INT's on him. :wow There might be a trend there! :lol

Good luck the rest of the way Mr. Glass, I hope to catch you in the post season! :tu

Don't mind Joel. He is a Patriots/Red Sox fan, so by that being the case, that automatically makes him the ultimate douchebag fan. Sore loser-ness is in his blood. ;)

-Dean-

Week 4 is done. The Cowboys get a 189 total yards from Barber and cruise to a 35-3 victory.

Cowboys, Saints, and Cardinals are the only undefeated teams left. Only one PvP this week, Ravens/Bengals. The Packers are on bye.

The week will be advanced Sunday night at 11pm. Good luck.

JTello - Understood. But, I hope I don't see you again as I don't want to face Brady/Welker/Moss again. :)

Eldorado - I'm ready whenever you are!

Snuck out with a last second victory today!

I deserved to lose, I made a poor mistake to hand the ball and the game back to the CPU on a likely game winning drive.

The CPU drove right down and hit a field goal. I got the ball on the 2 yard line on the kick off, then I got lucky on my last gasp 98 yrd bomb to Randy Moss!

bah I was half way done with a game when the game disconnected. Was getting my ass kicked by the LIONS. This game for has way too many fumbles and interceptions. Every single drive I get withen the 20 and one of them happens. Plus it seems like all the penalties are not called. Twice the lions should have had intentional grounding during a sack, and it was not called

I have no issues with too many fumbles or INT's. Must be a Giants thing. :)

My only complaint is the volume of Holding Penalties on FG and EXP Attempts.

-Dean-

i'm using the Steelers. Haven't had the Holding Penalties. There is no pass interfearance, no intentional grounding, and a few others not called either

Plus it seems like all the penalties are not called. Twice the lions should have had intentional grounding during a sack, and it was not called

Offsides on the defense is most of my peaves.

Keith and I got a good laugh at one of these non-calls the other day. Keith's right defensive end had cleared the o-line and Keith was in mid "shit, shit, shit" mode when the ball was snapped.

No whistle, so free play for the offense at least, right?

Nope, mysterious non-call!

Lame!

The penalties are at default which for anyone that plays offline means pretty much non existent(unless you are kicking an extra point). No intentional grounding, EA just likes their new hit as the QB throws animation a little too much.

Week 5 has been advanced. There are only 3 unbeaten teams remaining, Saints, Cardinals, and Ravens. A bad interception in the end zone by me and one stupid play call with a small lead and very little time left means the Cowboys dream of a perfect season is gone. There are no PvP games this week while the Cowboys, Saints, and Dolphins are on bye. As usual, the week will be advanced thursday night, 11pm. Good luck.

I'm gonna have to bitch about this game. And you're gonna have to listen because this really sucked hard.

I dominated my sixth week game, and lost by a wide margin because this game is broken, sometimes, like in the case below.

Play #1

I marched down the field before the end of the half to (I think) the 8 yard line. Not enough time for a touchdown, so I called timeout for the easy field goal. Made the fieldgoal. Penalty. Called back for holding. AND THEN THE CLOCK TICKS DOWN AND THE HALF IS OVER? Huh? Robbed of 3 points.

Play #2

Dominated them on defense. 3 and out. They punt. My punt returner fumbles the ball while trying to catch it (he wasn't running yet, just receiving). Defense runs fumble in for a touchdown. That sucks. But I guess shit happens.

Play #3

Next series where the Raiders have the ball. Once again, I dominate them on defense. Once again, they go 3 and out. Once again, they punt. Once again, my punt returner fumbles the ball while trying to catch it. Once again the defense runs fumble in for a touchdown.

I have a hard enough time winning at this fucking game, based off my own skill and strategy, without these random chance game-changing things (penalties, fumbles) being inserted for drama. Which isn't to say I don't enjoy the drama of a good fumble or penalty to mix things up (hey, they happen in the NFL), but when that shit happens in this game, it seems to come in pairs or threes a lot of the time. And it almost seems NOT random, based on when the shit happens and the frequency that it happens.

The holding calls in kicking happens A LOT. Last game I had two holding calls successively trying to kick a single extra point.

Anyway, I just sold Madden and bought 9 copies of NFL2K5 which cumulatively are waaaay better than this game.

Keith does have a point. Things happen way too often. Has anyone actually stopped an interception from being returned for a TD?

Keith does have a point. Things happen way too often. Has anyone actually stopped an interception from being returned for a TD?

A number of times! Unfortunately this also means I've also thrown a number of INT's. :o

Really, you've never tackled after an INT? I'd suspect a lot of your passes taken away at the line or in the flat then.

I think i was able to stop one guy in the first game I played. Every other one its like my guys are the slowest shits on the field .

I actually considered that it was a rule. But it seems a little absurd that I would have had to call two timeouts just to kick one fieldgoal. Had I actually done that, and succeeded in getting my 3 points, I still would have thought it was ridiculous. Am I wrong?